I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, February 22, 2008

Spring Flowers

Hello everyone! Life has taken me on a few detours, but although my hands haven't been able to get to my needle, my mind has been busy thinking of what to create next.
I love this time of year. The flowers on the grounds are starting to wake up and bloom in hues of every color imaginable. Not only do I love to work outdoors with this beauty, I cannot resist gathering bouquets of nature's blooms in material form. My head is full of ideas and projects waiting for my hands to get busy creating. How about you.... do you find that you never have enough material in your stash, and that new print just has to come home with you?

8 comments:

Shrinky said...

Yes, I have a linen room stacked to the ceiling with all the cloths I simply HAD to buy! (Rolling eyes.)

I hope your hands are soon able to follow your heart, it must be very frustrating for you at the moment.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to do hand embroidery too. And I like old china dishes. However, I have enough of those, having inherited a few teacups and so forth from Mom and Grandma. Meanwhile my big fun is making wonky quilts. I love your photos.

Conni said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your nice comment. I collect vintage linens, old-fashioned floral fabrics and antiques - I think we have a lot in common (in addition to leaves and dolls)!

Both of your blogs are thoroughly charming…

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia,

I came here frommy good friend Shrinky's blog.

Like you, my head is always full of ideas - and there are not enoug hours in the day!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have your mind around your work, and that is not bad. Sometimes I'm scattered and when I do set down to create - I'm easily distracted. Anyway, I do enjoy your blog, and thanks for giving the other blogs you enjoy for I have taken time to visit a few, which leads me to another few and the reading keeps going.
I could envy you country girls!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi everyone who left such sweet comments. I just love making new friends and you are all precious! Come back and visit me and I will visit you again also, blessings, Kathleen

LindaSue said...

I visit this blog because your work is SO lovely - I'm absolutely not a crafter so I guess I get my fix by seeing all the pretty ideas and results. Love the blue checked gingham next to the floral blue print - so much fabric so little time?

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Your so right Lindasue! So much of my time right now is for family. I love the blue gingham and floral together also and am planning on making something with those two paired up.Thanks for stopping by, blessings, Kathleen