I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Apron inspiration

I have had these apron patterns for a while now, put away for later dreams. Reading all of you creative ladies posts about your aprons has made me dig these out. I am not sure how I am going to go about it, but I want to make them a little different than the way they are pictured, using my embroidery.
Are any of you familiar with the pattern company Advance? I have not done my research on it yet. I grew up with Simplicity and McCalls, however, the instructions on this pattern seem to be just as easy to understand.
I just love aprons that go over like a dress. I am going to try to find a lightweight fabric for spring aprons. It's hot enough when cooking. With the large pockets and neckline, I already have some wonderful ideas for embroidery. With the weekend upon us, I am off to town to do errands. One thing I really do not like to do. However, I am anxious as I am going to look for fabric to go with these aprons. Not sure when I will get them made....... but can't wait to get started! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Kathleen! I love the apron patterns you have and the pull over ones are so sweet! I remember one of my Mother's favorite aprons was one that pulled over her sweet head! We have a picture of her, her apron on & holding a golden brown turkey! Her smile is beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend sewing! I will be back to check it out! Hugs, Maryjane

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Kathleen, those patterns are simply wonderful! I can just see them embellished with your lovely embroidery. They will be treasures!

Smiles,
Lea

Linda said...

Hi Kathleen..I love aprons and collect them too. I wear one every single day. Love these patterns and I just know you will work your magic on your creations.

I went to the neatest show last year featuring a writer who had publisehd a book on aprons. In the book she had wonderful stories from apron wearers and great pictures.

She also displayed her apron collection numbering in the 100's.

I had a wonderful time. Hugs, Linda