I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, June 13, 2008

Good friends, good times, good memories

A special friend came to visit the other day. We spent the whole day talking and remembering. We have been friends going a little over 20 years. We have watched our children grow from new born to graduates for me, from new born to marriage for her. Seems like only yesterday we were meeting in the park to let them all play together on the slide. We have called each other and cried together when we dyed our hair and it turned out the wrong color, promising to talk each other out of the same mistake when we decide to do it again! So much we have seen happen to us, to our family members. But more than any, we have a lot to laugh about with all of the good memories. So when my friends come to visit, I try to have something to give to them.
Hand embroidered dish towels with crocheted edgings.
A small cookbook stocked full of good recipes.

Flower seed packets with easy to grow flowers.
Tied together with satin ribbon.
A token to remember a special time. The weekend is here, and the dirt and wind have finally stopped blowing. I am hoping to get some gardening done in-between stitches. I hope you all who are reading, have a wonderful weekend!




7 comments:

Susan of Pink Portuguese Roses said...

You know I love that! I don't really have a friend who is "that" for me. I wish I did! I guess I'm a loner. But don't worry...I'm ok with that.

I am having a 4th of July bunco at my house next month. I thought it might be nice for me to do the same thing. Hand embroider everyone a dish towel. Something summery.

I wish I could have been a fly on your wall when your friend was over...LOL!

blessings to you,
Susan
Pink Portuguese Roses

Linda said...

It's wonderful to have good friends. You might not see or talk to them for awhile , but when you do it just like you pick up your conversation where you left off.
I know she must treasure the sweet gifts, especially when she uses them or picks some flowers, it is as if you are right there. Hugs, Linda

p.s. I read this many years ago and kept it in my little quote book....Friendship isn't a big thing-it's a million little things...A.U. Don't you agree?...L

LindaSue said...

I agree with linda - friendship is a million little things. Your friends are blessed to be able to count you as theirs, Kathleen - you are a real treasure. Lovely gifts - I'm guilty of sending them off with more FOOD!

Paula said...

What wonderful treasures, Kathleen... I knew there was a reason I liked you! LOL

Can I come over for tea? hint hint LOL

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Such a sweet time. Love the little gift you made for her. I'm sure she'll cherish it forever!

Smiles,
Lea

Pam said...

Life long friends are such a joy.
The gifts you made were wonderful- what a dear friend you are.
Blessings,
Pam

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

We women are so lucky to be able to form this kind of fridndship that goes beyond just being friends.
Patricia :o)
PS: Loved your little package of treasures