I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday..................

silverware................no table setting with beautiful china is complete without it .I embroidered the silverware in gold, rather than silver, because it goes with the gold on the other embroidered pieces, and my silverware, actually looks more gold than silver.
Have you noticed.........the new silver.........well stainless steel ware, has no design........no charm? 

I have to say, I love shiny things............especially old silverware. It is one of the main things I search for when flea marketing. I am thrilled to find pieces that have an initial engraved onto it!  I have several mix and match pieces, but not a whole complete set.

But that's OK...........I love to mix and match and I love to see my guests look to see what the next person's fork looks like when they are seated.
I think my favorite piece of silverware is the little dessert forks. They are so charming when served with a piece of homemade pie. Don't you think?
How about you?
Do you have a complete set of silverware?
Or do you have mix and match pieces?
What is your favorite?
I would love to hear!
I hope you can stop back by tomorrow to see what Wednesday's design will be!

5 comments:

peggy said...

I didn't know anyone but me spent as much time looking through the silverware at the thrift store. This was so pretty. It doesn't have to match to go together perfectly.

GardenOfDaisies said...

I'm enjoying seeing the whole collection.

Karen said...

What wonderful embroideries these last few days! And your silverware collection is beautiful, too!

MeganH said...

I have unsuccesfully trying to train my carers for years that "yes, PLEASE leave one of my silver spoons out on the counter top for stirring coffee - any one of them will do". I have a little collection - mostly spoons, and a couple of pairs of sugar tongs (one with bird feet er, claspers) and a sugar bowl with one of my ancestor's names engraved on it. All get used. I also use my Grandmother's Royal Dolton china, so I can enjoy it, rather than having it shut away in a cupboard. I've never broken a single piece!

lil red hen said...

I have just regular stainless steel flatware for table use, and only a few odd pieces of silverware. I have two spoons which I think are pewter.

I also have enjoyed seeing all these pieces stitched.