I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, January 30, 2012

My embroidery design book

that I have been working on for the past year, is just a few projects and weeks away from completing.
I was anticipating making it's publication announcement by the end of spring.

However, after being alerted by fellow bloggers and researches on the Internet.............the company I had thought I would chose to publish my book has turned out to be not as reputable as they claim. Too many complaints and red flags with this company has now left me feeling disappointed and in search of a new publisher.  But I am not giving up. I will complete the book and turn every stone to achieve my dream.


I spent these past few days making more aprons to sell on my Etsy shop. This country blue

with an embroidered butterfly pocket.............

this cheerful floral print

with embroidered butterfly and flowers pocket............

and this cottage rose print

with an elegant embroidered rose pocket.  I have picked out the cross stitch pattern that I want to create for the old chair back that I recently posted about and I will be in the process of working on that these next few weeks.  How about you?
Are you creating something at this moment?
Or are you planning on planting now that spring is around the corner?
I would love to hear!

16 comments:

A Colorful World said...

Oh, Kathleen, these are such gorgeous aprons with their beautiful embroidered pockets! You are always such an inspiration to me! Will your embroidery design book have patterns that others can use? I would love to have one like that from you, my dear blogger friend! I hope you find a good publisher!

Bev said...

That pink pocket is beautiful!!

KathyB. said...

I am wondering the same as Marie, will your book have patterns too?

Your aprons are lovely, one would almost hate to soil it with cooking stains, yet how pretty they would make me feel as I work in the kitchen.

I am sorry to read about your choice of book publisher not working out, but after leaving no stone un-turned you should find just the right fit. I hope so !

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Kathleen:

Your aprons are beautiful. The embroidery is exquisite.
How marvelous for you to be writing
a book. I hope you find a
respectable publisher soon.
Hugs,
Susan

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You'll find a publisher, that's for sure. Your embroidery is glorious and others are waiting to see!!

Sharon said...

Your aprons are beautiful!! My favorite is the rose.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful aprons, Kathleen. I am keeping faith to increase my finances so that I may purchase some lovlies I've seen on my favorite blogs. It will happen one day for sure.

I perfectly understand about the publisher problem. I, too, thought I'd found the perfect publisher for my Christmas Pin story a few years back. It turned out that they, also, were not as reputable as they made themselves to be. They were actually a vanity press (not advertised as such), and other shocking problems, like the fact that they were a self proclaimed Christian company who hated anything Christmas. I walked the other way quickly and never looked back.

You are right NOT to give up. You WILL get your patterns in print. See it, feel it, believe it, and you will have it. I finally printed up my story on my own for now, and I'm proud of it, too. Now I'm thinking of getting it on kindle.

I wish you all the best, and I have faith you will succeed. You're a very talented woman, indeed.

Have an extraordinary day,
Marianne

Hill Top Post said...

Your aprons are wonderful...love the mix of your beautiful embroidery and the fabulous little prints. Best wishes in getting your book published...will be adding it to my "must have" list!

Cindy said...

What beautiful aprons! Your ebmbroidery is exquitsite. I am sure you will find a publisher and your book will be well received. Already I can't wait to see it!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have no doubt that you will find a way and as well you should. Your work is absolutely beautiful! Love that last apron with the rose pocket. So pretty! I think you could take just about anything and glam it up with your embroidery work! Best wishes, Tammy

Karen said...

I cannot wait to see your book when it's finished! I love the aprons, they are gorgeous!

Nicola said...

I am looking forward to seeing your book when published. Good luck in finding the right person to publish it.

Ladybug said...

Aprons are gorgeous and best of
luck with a Book Publisher that
works well for you..The Right
one will come your way..

Many Blessings
Ladybug :-)

Laurie said...

I love the vintage look of these aprons Kathleen, the butterfly pockets are gorgeous! I hope your search for a publisher turns up the perfect match for you!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your aprons are lovely!! Hope you find the publisher that is right for you, soon!

janice15 said...

SUCH PRETTY APRONS INDEED, CAN I PLEASE BORROW THE PINK ONE FOR MY TEA PARTY...IT WILL GO PERFECT..LOVE THE PINK POCKET BUT I LOVE THE BUTTERFLY TOO...HAVE A GREAT DAY...WITH LOVE JANICE