I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Some of you might not know that I live on a farm...............

well.........that's what I call it..........and I am currently trying to "create" it into being. When I not inside stitching, I'm outside, walking the grounds, visiting my chickens and the other creatures that call this place home. Sometimes, encounters with the outside life can be whimsical. So I leave you with something to smile about .................
(a toad visiting our pond)
When you're smiling
When you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you

(the new farm arrivals last spring)

When you're laughing
When you're laughing
The sun comes shining through
(Sophie, not happy about being decorated)

But when you're crying
You bring on the rain
So stop your sighing
Be happy again

( Abby, having sweet dreams)

Keep on smiling
Cause when you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you
(lyrics from Lous Armstrong tune)

Hope you have a lot to smile about today!

12 comments:

A Colorful World said...

This was a wonderful post! Sweet photos...and they did bring me a smile this morning! Great way to start the day!

Miss Holly said...

Just perfect! and I did smile !!!!

Bev said...

What wonderful pictures!! Those chicks are so cute!! Well they all are!!!

Karen said...

Those are all adorable animals!

Betty Lou said...

Great pictures of your animals, nothing like an animal to bring a smile to your face.

Cindy said...

Wonderful pictures! I love that toad and the duck is so cute. Thanks!

Hill Top Post said...

Thanks for making me smile...love the animals and the lyrics!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yup, I'm smiling!
My husband's grandpa was scared of toads, hence, my husband HATES them. I love all critters except snakes. He can never understand why I have toad houses tucked in every garden spot. The pics are great but I couldn't help sympathize with Sofie.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for the smiles.
xx, Carol

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm certainly smiling after seeing all those sweet animals. Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Sharon said...

Love your pictures, especially the frog!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but smile looking at God's creatures. The toad simply looks as if he's done your pond a big favor by gracing it with his presence. He has a certain air about him like he's daring for a kiss because he may just turn into a prince.

Thank you for your dear comment, Kathleen. Enjoy the weekend,

Marianne

A Colorful World said...

Thank you so much for your very sweet comments about my last post...yes, it is a beautiful place here, if you accept the differences, which I have really begun to do!