I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

All Ready For Baby Or Toddler

Here is the baby/toddler coverlet I posted about on the previous post,
finished! It measures 30 in. W. x 36 in. L. so it would be great for the crib or for a toddler's nap time.

A bunny and a chick or on the upper corners,

a duck and a poodle are on the bottom corners,

while a kitty is in the center. I free hand embroidered the curved leaves to accent the middle.

I used the cheery fabric as a background and since the animals were designed with blanket stitch, I used blanket stitch around the edges of the coverlet. It turned out adorable........
don't you think?
What are your favorite designs in a baby's blanket?
I would love to hear!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathleen...the baby blanket is adorable!! I think it all worked beautfiully (as always), and I love the fabric match. I like how you pulled the baby animals together with the green leaf stitching.

It looks like a cozy blanket for nap time.

Enjoy a day full of daisy blessings,
Marianne

Zova couture said...

yes blanket is adorable..!!looking so cute...

Bev said...

It is beautiful!! Wish I had a baby...to get it for!! I'm thinking I'll have to wait for Great Grandbabies:)

Bev said...

Beautiful...just love it! The ladies at our church made me a quilt when I have our first born. They each embroidered an animal picture. I treasured that quilt. First Born now has it!

lil red hen said...

So sweet! I like to put embroidery stitches in the baby quilts I make too.

Yesterday I pulled out the Workbasket magazines from 1984; I should part with them and give them to you. Only two had transfer designs though.

Cindy said...

This is so adorable! I used animals like these to make a quilt for my niece about 40 years ago. (Can't believe it's been that long. I made it when I was a baby, ha!) I always love to see what you're up to. Have a great day!

Betty Lou said...

Cute little blanket for some sewet angel.

Anonymous said...

A very adorable blanket. Just love your stitching.

blessings, jilly

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

The blanket is just oo cute. I love it so much!!!! All those transfers for babies are just so heart warming, aren't they??? They also made me think of the old Workbaskets. I think I have a pile of them somewhere, too.

Joanne said...

Kathleen, it has been a very long time since I was here. I want to thank you for the kind notes you sent me while I was away. It was a blessing to hear from you. I LOVE what you have done with your blog ... sooo pretty! I also love your work and am fascinated that you are so brave to do cutwork!!! Are the critters your own design or a vintage design? Love them too. I will see you again soon.

Jocelyn said...

Oh, that is wonderful! Beautiful and cozy. Perfect for a little one.

A Colorful World said...

It's just adorable!!! It all works together so well. You really have a knack! I know whatever baby or toddler receives this will love it!