I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I am in between stitched projects right now................

however, there is still so much around that inspires me...............like
vintage tea cups with floral prints and shades of green.............

and curio cabinets filled with pieces of mixed matched china.............
left over from a set whose other members have perished from breakage.......
most of them missing a lid or a handle.

And who can forget Mother Nature?................who offers us
inspiration in every step we take...............
How about you?
What inspires you the most?  Vintage china or vintage linens perhaps?
Roses or daisies?
I would love to hear!
****Please note:  So many have asked about the plant photo above on this and on my country blog. This is a very common plant to Texas called the Algerita Berry. After it blooms, it will have red berries all over it which are edible and make wonderful jelly!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog ..... nature always inspires me and makes me wonder how something can be so beautiful!

Zova couture said...

A very nice post!I am seeing an another world through ur blog..living in a city surrounded by huge buildings,internet is the only inspiration, for me to create something..And ofcourse u r truely an inspirtion..ur vintage embroidery designs..I am dreaming oneday I also become like u..I love roses..but beleive every flower has their own beuty..nowadays I started observing the floral designs on china.

Gina E. said...

Did you ever finish those vintage linens I sent you? I don't remember seeing them on your blog; well, I think there was one...I have a heap more to get rid of if you would like some!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Love all your pretty pieces of china. I have way too many things that inspire me, and sometimes It all becomes a jumble. (One of the reasons I am working to clear some of it out.) Can I answer "Both!" to your roses and daisies question? :-)

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Love the teacups -- my mother had a set of dishes like the second one in the yellow with roses design. I remember hand washing those dishes!!

A Colorful World said...

Just lovely items to brighten my morning! Isn't it wonderful to have nature, and the small lovely things of our lives to give us joy!

Yes, it would be fun to have that copper tree in our front yards! I would love it too! :-)

A Colorful World said...

Or running horses! :-)

lil red hen said...

I'm inspired by linens most, but I do love the feel of plates, heavy ones like stoneware.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There's always something lovely and beautiful to be found in the every day. Even when we have dust all around. :/ I really want to stitch something but keep crocheting because it is easier for me at the moment. another day is done. time to hit the hay. Goodnite!

KathyB. said...

What is that interesting plant in the last picture?

I love the embroidered towel I bought from your shop, the embroidered rooster is beautiful, your handwork exquisite. Thank-you Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathleen,

Your tea cups are so pretty and of course the lovely items on the curio cabinet. I also like the crocheted doily...I still have one I need to finish one of these days.

Oh, yes, nature does inspire. The flowers on the Algerita are a pretty color. How much jelly can you get from one bush? Or do you have several bushes.

Have an extra special enjoyable day,
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, I forgot to ask...I would like to feature you on my blog in the near future. Would that be okay with you, and may I use some of your embroidery photos to emphasize your work?

Marianne

Brenda said...

I found your blog through my friend, Marianne from Leisure Lane. She was showing some of your amazing embroideries. You are very talented and I love the pieces she was showing. Such a beautiful art!
I love your photos in this post. I was not even aware of the Texas plant OR that you could even make jelly out of the berries. Such great info. I am now one of your followers.
Here's to your health!
Brenda