I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, June 10, 2013

It's been a flurry of work in the studio this week...............

From hemming up linens........yes, that's my vintage singer doing the work...........
I love this machine! It never seems to fail me. It is also easy to work on when it decides it wants a break..........

to most of a day being spent drawing and placing designs onto the linens




and of course................there is the stitching................
which I can do all day and way into the night............
and I am also trying to finish embroidery work on a old tablecloth that has a vintage design.
The blooms are slowly coming to life with my embroidery.
 


and then, sometimes, I get side tracked. Some of you do not know that I also have a country/farm blog where I talk about life there and the creatures that live on and around the grounds.............so I did not want you to miss this baby raccoon, that dropped out of it's nest from the ceiling of the well house on the grounds. Luckily, it was not hurt, and I carefully placed it back up into the hole to it's nest................
If you want to read more about this or to visit my other blog just click onto this link
 I love hearing from all of you...........so tell me
what are you working on?
Any interesting creatures, dropping in on you?
I would love to hear!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love your embroidery, it's beautiful as always! And I love the sweet little raccoon, too!

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful linens, they should keep you busy for a while.

Hindustanka said...

The baby racoon is just adorable! hope he will be fine! :)

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching!! You are very busy. Waiting to see your drawings to be painted with your colourful stitches:)

Cindy said...

No animals dropping on us lately:) But we do have an abundance of frogs and toads in our pond. They are so noisy!

Paula said...

Sounds like many beautiful things are coming to life in your studio!
I try to sew whenever I can this time of year, but I find I'm outside too much to start any big projects...
But when fall gets here, I'll have lots of time to spend with Ruby, my sewing machine! :)

janice15 said...

O my I hadn't realized that you had two blogs at all... the raccoon is so cute.. I love your old sewing machine and always I love your embroidery you always make it come to life.. I have some I want to do but just can't seem to get there..so busy crocheting.. thank you for you your sweet visit and comment.. I'm trying to learn more crocheting and to read those darn directions boy it
s tuff lol...have a great new week. with love Janice

Anonymous said...

Aww...Kathleen, it looked just like a little puppy, I never saw a such a tiny baby raccoon before. I've only seen them a little older. Very sweet!

Your embroidery, as always is a delight to view. I never tire seeing what you're working on next. They surely don't make things like they used to...nice that your old, yet beautiful sewing machine is still working. It reminds me of my mother's old Brothers.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

A Colorful World said...

Such beautiful pieces!