I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, December 18, 2015

It's a quiet time of year.............now..........

all of the wild, hard to tame grounds.........are entering their sleep phase......giving me more inside time to do my stitching. 
I look back over this year.........realizing just how much I had planned to do.........
yet didn't get near to getting it done.
It's this way every year..........and I am always frustrated with myself the next year as I 
work away at what should have been done so many months earlier.
I look over at my work basket............full of " UFOs" .......(unfinished objects) 
and wish I had two sets of hands to get them all done.  
But in stating all of this................I realize..........it's not how fast or how much I can get stitched and finished........
for me it's the process of creating and watching the piece
"bloom"
So with the ending of this year and the starting of the new one.........
my basket will still "runneth" over , but 
I will enjoy each stitch along the way.
This is my new year's resolution for my "work " life.
What is yours?  I would love to hear!
Wishing you a merry Christmas and a 
peaceful New Year!


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Best wishes for Christmas and the new year. I haven't thought about the new year yet I usually contemplate moving forward once Christmas day is over.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning K
Merry Christmas Week!!

I always look back at the year and wonder why I didn't get more done too. But we have a family Crazy Train and episodes take a lot out of me and I usually need a bit to recoupe.

This year I am not looking for a "word" 2016. Like you, I will focus on a thought. And it is much like yours, because I enjoy stitching and it is definitely not the quanity of work completed, but the joy in stitching them.
xx

lil red hen said...

I've been working on some ufo projects as well. I think we all need a few things waiting for us so we'll keep moving along. I'm trying to sew a bit for Isabelle, then after Christmas I'll start on another quilt that's on the frames. I always get a bit of angst this time of year so projects "in the basket" help me through.

I'll be watching for some of your finished projects in the new year.

Unknown said...

I think we all can say we wished we had completed more UFO's but for me it's knowing that I have those UFO's to work on. Not only that, I love knowing I have future projects planned in my head, along with those UFO's. It keeps me feeling creative, stimulated and looking forward with a smile on my face. Ahhh, I do love sewing.