I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, August 28, 2026

Vintage Crewel Embroidery Kit repurposed

 


I posted about this farm scene crewel embroidery kit a couple of posts back
A Slow Stitched Farm Scene
and I am thrilled to say that I am now finished with it.

As I had previously posted, I chose not to embroider with the included yarn.
Instead of used embroidery floss and added flowers and my own touches to 
make this farm scene come to life.  I also tinted the design with paint before stitching.

 The frame was also included with the kit, and I have decided that I do like
the look of it and will now frame the piece with this frame.
Now.........tell me........
what have your creative hands been busy with?

7 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Your farm picture turned out beautifully, and dyeing the fabric a little was a great idea.
I’m currently sewing a small mat featuring four "illusion block" patterns.
Sending you warm regards and wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Just gorgeous. I absolutely love your creative talent. ❤️

Henny Penny said...

You are so talented! You made the piece into something beautiful! I am still making aprons and bonnets. Haven't had much time for making the little dolls. My husband had open heart surgery 4 months ago today.

Leigh said...

How fun. The embroidery thread is perfect.

Debra said...

I love your way of doing this pattern. It's really sweet. It really reminds me of my grandparent's farm.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Of course your added creativity and details make everything so much more beautiful. I've been going through all my craft supplies and have so many kits and unfinished projects -- some from the 80's. Yikes! I have to decide whether to continue or abandon with some of them. Today I crocheted and cross-stitched after not being very crafty for quite some time.

handmade by amalia said...

The barn scene looks lovely. Well done!
Amalia
xo