I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008!

A new year! One more thing I have decided I am going to hold myself to do every day, is to go for a walk. There are miles and miles of pasture land, cotton fields and meadows to enjoy and to watch Sophie explore. I have found it to be such a great way to clear my mind of worries and doubts. I remember the 6 weeks I just recently spent working at a convenient store, and as the customers who reeked of alcohol and pot yelled at me, I would look out of the store window, and silently promise myself that if I chose to stay home again, I would walk everyday, appreciating the quiet and solitude of un-hostile surroundings. So thankfully, here I am, working from home, and grateful that I can be home. Already, spring fever is hitting me, as I now am making plans for the flower beds and the grounds around our home. There is so much to prepare. I still have more weeds to conquer. I still have plans for my sewing projects as well. Hopefully, I will keep myself motivated to get it all done. Well, the day is wasting, and there is much to do.

No comments: