I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Debbie Macomber

While browsing the book section in the store, my eye caught the colorful jacket of a paperback book by Debbie Macomber. I do not spend as much time reading as I do embroidering, and my favorite fiction writers are Janette Oake and Danielle Steel. Most of my reading, however, are inspirational books by Joel Osteen, Stormie Omartian, Beth Moore, and a good collection of Norman Vincent Peale. What drew me to Debbie Macomber's book was the picture of the yarn basket and cat on the front cover of the book called " A Good Yarn". I also discovered "The Shop on Blossom Street" along with other books from her with the same quality eye catching art on the cover. Upon reading about the books, I was even more intrigued as it covered the subject of knitting, owning a yarn store and gardening. I purchased the books, took the time to read them and instantly became a Debbie Macomber fan. Last night, to my delight, I discovered that she also has written an inspirational book titled, "Knit Together, Discover God's Pattern for Your Life" . I cannot put this book down! It is such a wonderful encouraging book for anyone who has a dream or even a question about what they want to do in their life. If anyone has a doubt about God's unending love and purpose for their life, I would recommend to take time to read this book. Debbie Macomber shows step by step, a way to find that purpose and the realization of a dream, and all in trusting and knowing the Lord is always loving us. I am drawn to people like Debbie Macomber, who find a way, by using her talents. to enrich and bless others lives.

3 comments:

KaKi said...

I love Debbie MacComber! Her books are so refreshing!! I am glad you found her!

Susan said...

I have just discovered Debbie Macomber! I bought the Knit Together book and the one about the yarn shop!

Debba said...

Debbie has a new book "Twenty Wishes" and I'm interviewing her for my Girlfriendology.com podcast. It is very inspirational - although I haven't had time to read it yet.

I am interviewing her tomorrow May 16 and need call-in questions. If you or any of your readers want to ask her a question or tell her anything, please call 206-202-9005.

Also, I have a monthly contest for Girlfriendology and have lots of books to give away. (In May I have over 40 books to give as prizes!) In June I also will have "Twenty Wishes" and one of Debbie's knitting books as prizes. Check out www.girlfriendology.com for the rules info (all you have to do is share a girlfriend story).

If you have any girlfriend entries on your blog or stories and would like me to share them on my site, please contact me. I grew up doing embroidery and still do lots of crafts. (I just interviewed Carol Duvall for an upcoming Girlfriendology Podcast yesterday - she's great! I was on her show so it was wonderful to talk with her.)

Thanks for your inspiring blog! Debba / www.girlfriendology.com