I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunny days

Last week's extreme cold weather, forced me to stay inside and focus on my hand work, (with no regrets{:) This weekend turned out so pleasant, that I put away my needle and worked with my garden spade. I have been experimenting with planting pine cone seed and have had success (see my country blog... http://eggsinmypocket.blogspot.com ) so I have started planting new seed. I am anxious to see them sprout. I hope to decide on what kind of handwork I am going to get made up to sell along with my plants at the local farmer's market this coming summer. I could sure use an extra pair of hands! I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I am always torn between sewing, planting, or baking. I love them all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have made my day each time you've taken time to respond to one of blog entries. Please believe me when I say Thanks for stopping by. It just makes a writer want to write more when someone enjoys the content of her thoughts.
I think I could gather your eggs for you and dig in your garden. I a a farm girl who never got the land out of my system.
Anyway, Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, this was my response to you for being so kind to visit livinglifeafter65. Grammy13 is me. I hope you don't stop blogging altogether.

Doris/grammy13/living life after 65

Kathleen Grace said...

Kathleen (that's my name too!) your hand work is absolutely amazing! I wish I could do the thing you do. Have you ever thought of opening an etsy shop? I think you could be very successful! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting, I am so glad I discovered yours by following you back here:>)

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi again, Kathleen Grace, thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your comments. I am in the process of making things for an etsy shop, I am hoping maybe in a few months. Blessings, Kathleen