I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

cross stitch bouquets

This is the month that my Italian Jasmine blooms it's cheery yellow blossoms. I love this old heirloom plant and look forward to seeing it bloom each year.
While looking through my books, I came across this cheery counted cross stitch bouquet.
It is rather small and works up quickly, (although I still have some more stitching to do on it). I plan to make something with it...........just not sure yet. Although I love embroidery above and beyond in the world of stitching, there is something about cross stitch blossoms that just tug at my needle strings. How about you? Do you like cross stitch? If so, do you like flowers better?.............animals perhaps?...........or some other kind of design? I would love to hear!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
How pretty. I am stitching on a poodle tea towel today. I wish we lived closer so we could stitch and chat.:) Oh and eat Monster cookies. LOL
Hugs,
Elizabeth

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your cross stitch blooms are beautiful!

Auntea said...

Your beautiful stitched bouquet makes me crave spring, and the sweet smells that come with it. I hadn't thought about it before, but when I embroider, I do love to do flowers. These midwest winters are so long and dreary, it is so nice to cheer myself up with a fresh "bouquet". Oh great, now I have startitis, and am craving to do some embroidery. I have 3 quilts in the works and socks and a cabled shawl on the needles. Hmm, maybe a tea towel wouldn't take too much time. One can always use another tea towel.

Marsha T said...

I stumbled onto your site last week and had to page through and read EVERYTHING! I love your stitching - puts mine to shame! I love flowers too, and your flowers bring dreams of spring to come!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Love the yellow blossoms. They look so pretty and spring-y!
Patricia :o)

Linda said...

This bouquet is so pretty, lovely stitching...you know I adore xstitching. hugs, Linda

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I just bought some linen and a Blackbird design pattern to revisit cross stitch. I used to stitch all the time.

Funny thing the linen is not as easy to stitch on as I remember. Are they making it smaller or has my vision changed? hmmmmmm

Pat

Gina E. said...

Like you Kathleen, I love other embroidery, but I come back to cross stitch often because it is usually quick and easy by comparison. Your flowers are lovely, especially on the tartan towel.