I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, March 5, 2017

My Raphael Tuck & Sons lady has been embroidered.............

as most of you have read from my last post..........
I decided I would try to embroider this Victorian lady............

and so..........I carefully worked.......stitch after stitch

and finished her last night

The design is about 2 1/2" X 4 1/2" .  I always name my pieces........so 
introducing
 " Clara Rose"

12 comments:

Sandra said...

That is amazing! You did a wonderful job on recreating this photo. Beautiful.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

She's sweet and you did a lovely job.

FlowerLady

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

My jaw dropped. I thought you were going to enhance the printed fabric. Silly me. When you say you are going to embroider a lady, you MEAN it! She is too beautiful for words, as is our marvelous talent.
xx, Carol

Laurie said...

Oh she is beautiful!! What a wonderful job, can I have your talent please!?

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that's amazaing! They are identitical. How beautiful. Hello Clara Rose!'

Debra said...

This is lovely....

lil red hen said...

WOW!!! Such wonderful evidence of your amazing talent! And ~ I had no idea this work was so small! That makes it even more impressive. I think there's nothing you can't do with those needles and thread.

Karen said...

She's beautiful, Kathleen!

Sherri Farley said...

Beautiful piece!

Marianne said...

Really WOW! Kathleen, that is beautiful. You did a remarkable job. You should be proud. Always enjoy seeing your creative genius.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

Sheryl said...

beautiful work. perfect.

Unknown said...

That turned out beautifully