I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, August 7, 2017

Another pretty towel..........and a design to share with you!

 This embroidery design is so pretty that I just have to share the design with you!

I think it is a bird cage perhaps?  Anyhow, the flowers spilling 
out of it are just lovely!  
I embroidered the cage in black and chose burgundy and purple for the larger flowes
surrounded with gold yellow daisies.  I embroidered the leaves in two different colors of green and the vase I embroidered in a gray blue. 
Just using basic outline stitch, lazy daisy stitch for the leaves and French knots for the centers of the flowers. 
With this design , anyone can pick any color combination to make it stunning!


This is a vintage pattern 
I hope that you can click onto this design and will be able to save and print it 
off for your own stitching.  

I embroidered this on a dish towel and paired it with a hand crocheted dishcloth with a purple accent stripe.
So ..........if you decide to use this design........
happy stitching everyone!

12 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful embroidery. The two towels pair up so well together. Thank you for sharing the pattern! It is always so nice to see what you have been working on.

Susie said...

You are so good with your embroidery. I love seeing old or new stitching. It's an art form. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your work is so pretty! I love the colors you used. Enjoying your blog!

lil red hen said...

Beautiful work! ~ Again ~

Debra said...

Such a lovely design-and your work is always a joy to see. I'm so glad you are keeping this art alive-especially with the lovely flower designs.

Susan said...

I use to embroider with my Grandmothers...love seeing these designs. They bring back wonderful memories.

Peonies & Magnolias said...

What a beautiful pattern and stitching!! Thanks for sharing.

happyone said...

Your work is beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by and your kind words.
Yes, the wild flowers are Golden Rod and Queen Anne's Lace. Lots of it around my area!!

Happy@Home said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog recently.
I've been peeking around here a bit and want to tell you how much I enjoyed my visit. Your embroidery work is so pretty.

Lady Linda said...

I love your embroidery work. I was sitting here tonight thinking I should do some, as it's been a long time. I find it so relaxing. What a fun blog you have. I will have to visit your Etsy page.

Karen said...

Nice design and beautiful stitching! That set would be a wonderful addition to anyone's kitchen. Thank you for the vintage pattern!

Gina E. said...

Thank you for this lovely pattern Kathleen! I am sorely tempted to print it off and keep it for a rainy day, but I have so many 'rainy day'patterns already that will probably never see the light of day. Not in my lifetime anyway. So I will continue to admire your work from afar :-)