I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, June 17, 2018

For the past few weeks......I have dropped my embroidery needle and thimble..........

and have picked up my crochet hook . 
Because, for the longest time, I have been wanting to make
this lovely doily. 
From my collection of vintage crochet booklets, 
this is called Ripened Wheat from 1953

Once I started it.......I could not stop!

Now it is finished.  It turned out as pretty as I had hoped.
The pattern was a very good pattern.  
I hope to make more of these as I am stashing them away for each 
of my children to have one day. 

Now I have started another one which is called
"Popcorn and Pineapples"
A little bit more work, but turning out to be just 
as pretty.
So tell me, what are your hand creating these days?
I would love to hear!

10 comments:

lil red hen said...

So, so pretty!! I have looked at some patterns, but I'm not sure my hands could manage a small hook now. I'm working on a baby quilt (in the frames) with a lot of seams to cross and the tremor in my left hand makes it very difficult to stitch at times.

Shirlee Fassell said...

Your doilies are wonderful!

Sandra said...

Such beautiful work. I envy you that you can make these with such tiny stitches. Your family will treasure them!

Debra said...

Does working in the garden count?! Wish I could say I was making something beautiful like your doilies. Wouldn't they be pretty as a bedspread? Perhaps too delicate though. Love those old patterns.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

these are pretty. I taught myself to crochet when I was in Hgh School. I learned by making doilies and still love to crochet with thread the best.
xx, Carol

happyone said...

Oh that is lovely.
I'm making weave-its for another baby blanket and knitting an afghan for myself.

Karen said...

Those are fantastic! I love doilies and yours are beautiful!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Really beautiful! I'm not so good at working with thread and tiny hooks.

letslearnembroidery said...

Pretty doilies!

Gina E. said...

Your crocheting is beautiful! Many years ago, I learnt basic crochet, and made some 'granny squares' but never progressed any further. Now my fingers are too stiff with arthritis to even try to take it up again! You are very fortunate not to suffer with arthritis, Kathleen!