I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, October 6, 2018

A few weeks back, I showed you a table runner

I have started embroidery work on..........after years of it
being stored away.


There is a large cornucopia on both ends. I decided to embroider
both ends at the same time so that I would get them finished
and out of the way.  

There are 2 fruit clusters on each side

The table runner is a very good large size..........
enough to cover a good length of the table.......
and now, the embroidery work has been finished on it.

I still need to finish embroidering the napkins...which won't take 
me long.  Although I do plan to use this set on our 
Thanksgiving table............

it looks lovely used along with the plates with a fruit pattern 
and with dishware in different shades of green.
I have another idea for this runner............
but that will be way down the road. 
So, for now, it will be enjoyed as it is.
Tell me..........
do you have certain linens that you like to use for 
your holiday table?  I would love to hear!

10 comments:

lil red hen said...

So, so very beautiful! And now we know ~ you have UFOs too! :) It does look very pretty with you vintage dishes. I like to use my vintage tablecloths for Christmas. They have seasonal designs on them.

Debra said...

I have a few vintage things I like to use-but now with family in different places, I'm not sure how the holidays will be. So I may have to just get those things out and use them everyday!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've just started cross stitching again and sure enjoy the peacefulness of sewing by hand. This is lovely. It is perfect for setting off your pretty dishes! Hugs!

Shirlee Fassell said...

It worked up nicely! It may have been in your stash for a long time but it didn’t take you long once you decided to finish it.

artemisa said...

Beautiful work.

letslearnembroidery said...

Really pretty work!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh WOW!! The table runner, napkins and dinnerware all MATCH! I LOVE that. Who knows what the holidays will be here. Two years ago I said I am done preparing holiday meals. Everyone seems to eat and run. It's very disheartening. But in the past there was always a lot of holiday decorating AND special dinnerware and table dressing for each holiday. Our decor always included art made by my daughter when she was young and my grandsons as they grew up. We still have a small area on one of my dining room walls that the kids call the Art Wall where special art remains up year round, year after year. It stimulates warm memories and a few wet eyes as years fly by.
xx, Carol

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful work. I do have some special linens that I have for Easter, Christmas and special ocassions.

Prims By The Water said...

Great work! Your stitery looks perfect with your dishes. Great job! Janice

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So pretty! Everything goes together so nicely.