I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flowers Of The Month

Once again, I have been going through old transfers and patterns.
I ran across this delightful transfer set that has the months of the year along with the flower for each month. I have set them into a coaster design,
in which I will cut them out along the enclosed stitching to use as a wonderful 12 piece coaster set.

With this being July, I started working on this month's design. I love larkspur for all of the pretty colors the flower offers. Although I have done this in blues, Larkspur also blooms in white and pink as well. What is your favorite flower? I would love to hear!



6 comments:

the rusty cupboard said...

lilies..any of them

Peonies & Magnolias said...

Beautiful, can't wait to see them all.

Sandy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

So beautiful as usual Kathleen. I love your work.

Pat

GardenofDaisies said...

These are soooo pretty!!

peggy said...

you already did my favorite, the larkspur, After that would be zinnia.

C. Dianne Zweig said...

Pardon my interruption, but I am looking for folks that have either "Retro Sewing Blogs" or "Nostalgia Blogs" for an article I am working on . Please send your suggestions to me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com THANKS


Dianne
kitsch n Stuff