I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I'm still "coasting" along............

I guess with the warmer weather coming on, it makes me think of summer patio parties and the images of a cheerful table set for these events.
Whenever I decide to make sets like this, I trace the amount I want onto one large piece of cloth and then embroider them all up. I then bravely get my scissors and carefully cut them all free.

I was in a "pink mood " for a minute or two.............

and I am always in a "green mood'!

Even if the sets are different colors, I think they would still be great to mix or match, don't you think?
And yes, I plan to have a set for each of my children to have one day..............when they are settled and ready.................
however, I think they will wonder what these little pieces are for.............
hardly anyone uses coasters any longer.
How about you?
Do you decorate your table?
Here I go and will sound like a cashier at the store............
paper?....................or linen??




12 comments:

Laurie said...

Definitely linen, and still like to decorate the table. I still use coasters too, I just like the look. Yours are beautiful!

Wren said...

I think these coasters are just lovely! I always try to use coasters for our drinks and my boys are trained to use them as well, so I would image yours will use them too!

Anonymous said...

Oh I would take the linen in a heartbeat. We use coasters here everyday, we love them. Love your coasters too.

blessings, jilly

janice15 said...

These look really sweet, I would like to make some not sure that I can...... really pretty!! with love Janice

Celestina Marie said...

They are just lovely. Your work is stunning and the perfect coasters.
Thank you for sharing.
Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

lil red hen said...

Beautiful work!! And what a great idea to leave them all intact until they're finished. With just the two of us, we usually use a tray for our plates and glasses.

Zova couture said...

wow..realy beautiful...will make one...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have tons of different sets of coasters, but like you said, no one hardly uses them anymore. Though my friend, Shereen, loves to entertain with flair, and coasters, napkins and trays are always in use at her place. Your embroidered coasters are so pretty. I love how you design them on one big piece of fabric and then cut them all out. Best wishes, Tammy

A Colorful World said...

They are just delightful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kathleen, I love, love, love them...so pretty and full of spring/summer cheer. You certainly work quickly.

I would certainly use these as coasters, or even as a sweet 'doily' to display a pretty ceramic whimsy.
But they are just so pretty on they're own.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

Bev said...

Like always I am so amazed at your work! Just love it!

Sharon said...

The coasters are lovely! I enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing!