I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Welcome summer onto your porch

with containers of painted pinecone zinnia, 
painted in vibrant and soft colors! 
Place them among your flowering plants


and in any pretty container or pot you have!


pick up pine cones from your yard, if you have the trees, or purchase a bag from an arts and crafts store.  If you use the ones from your yard, bake them on a cookie sheet with  aluminum foil for 30 to 40 minutes at 250 degrees to kill bugs and to get the sap out.
Then let your imagination and paint brush go wild!


I have seen these on different internet sites used indoors, 
but I wanted to brighten up my porch and flower sections!
They look so cheerful and inviting.......don't you think?
Tell me..........what do you decorate your porch or spaces with?
I would love to hear!

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh my! I was deceived! I thought these were real zinnias! They're very pretty. My porch could use some color.

Debra said...

I haven't seen this before-what a great idea! Wouldn't tiny cones done this way be sweet? You'd have to have them inside I guess, so they could be seen. Your porch space is lovely!

Gina E. said...

That is such a cute idea! I have a bunch of pinecones that I spray painted in gold paint many years ago, and I put them in a basket in front of our fireplace at Christmas time. I will have to find some more now and paint them in pretty colours. Thanks for the tip about drying them out first:-)

Sherri Farley said...

Wow, what a great idea! Very colorful and you don't have to water them!!

Unknown said...

What vibrant colors and they look lovely on the porch. When you get tired of that color you can always change it! What fun.