I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Day Full Of Stitches

The hot Texas weather has slowed my outside work down a little, the baby birds I was mothering over have grown and flown away, the baby chicks are big girls now and out and about in the barnyard. The garden is planted and blooming and I have more time on my hands to do my stitching. I am still working on finishing the little quilt in my last post and as you know, my cup runneth over with imagination, ideas, and projects for more embroidered things. I am working on the designs I want for my very own "linen line". Will I ever get it published for public.......not even sure... and don't even know how to start down that path......but I will have the patterns and designs to pass down to someone in my future generation, if they ever want to pick up my needle where I left off. If any of you do hand work, you know how time consuming it can be......and it seems I take a long time, because I want my work to look a certain way. So hopefully, when you come back to visit, I might have something new and stitched. How about you.......does the summer weather give you time to follow a hobby or passion that you love to do? What is it? Painting...crocheting....quilting...writing perhaps? I would love to hear.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Good morning Kathleen, you are on a wonderful path and I know you are finding joy on your journey. I think it's wonderful you are peserving and restoring the vintage patterns and pieces of embriodery...so many of the wonderful old stitchings are just fading away. You do the most awesome work....it will be wonderful to see it in your shop. After several years of setting my stitching aside I have picked up my needle, and again I have the stitchning fever, it feels good....hugs and a happy day to you, Linda

CottageBliss said...

Kathleen, your work is lovely! I hope you realize the dream of having your own published design, how exciting that would be!

Like you this Texas weather has me indoors and indulging in the needle arts. I'm making some Christmas designs for a wall hanging and working on an applique and embroidery of our first house.

Lately, I've picked up the Polka Dot Girls and am enjoying that design quite a bit.

I LOVE the way you rework old vintage items, such patience you have!

Stay cool,
Melissa

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Kathleen,
Your work is beautiful. You are such a talented person. It's been real hot here, too in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Mama and I do our gardening early in the morning or late of the evening. I don't sew, but I do enjoy beading. I've made several necklaces and given them to friends and family. During the day, you have to mostly stay inside. I also like to read. I'm reading the Guideposts series on "Mystery and the Minister's Wife." It's really interesting. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July.

Katie said...

You also have a talent for photography. Love your Cup Runith Over. I'd love to take lessons from you. About all I'm able to do is a little red work.

Paula said...

That's the way I feel too, Kathleen... so many ideas, so little time.. I know I'll have more time indoors when cold weather arrives, but until then...