I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hannah's Baskets

During the holiday weekend, I was able to finish the little quilt with baskets that I have previously posted about.
In our home, we have a large, long, hallway, with beautiful wood walls. There is not much light in there except when the light is on, yet light enought to catch a glimpse of what is on the walls. I had hung a puzzle that my family and I had put together years ago........I love the theme with the chickens and quilt......and thought this would be the perfect place to display my miniature quilts.

I finished the vine embroidery on the corners.......


and picked out a pretty backing for the quilt......
and finished it!
As I was working on it, my mind was filled with thoughts of my daughter, Hannah.......I embroidered the middle basket.....to me....... representing the basket of Hannah's life that I, as a parent, did my best to fill with beautiful and good things......the rest of the baskets......empty......in all directions....to me.......represent the baskets that she, herself will fill with what her life becomes. So I decided to title this quilt......
Hannah's Baskets



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah's Baskets is just beautiful. I love the embroidered details. Your hallway looks so inviting and warm.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What beautiful little quilts! And I love the puzzle. We used to do that with puzzles, too. I think we used Mod Podge.

Jocelyn said...

Such charming little quilts! Very welcoming.

drafter29 said...

I love everything about Hannah's Baskets.

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

wow. it's beatiful, Kathleen. I love how you added personal meaning to the quilt. To me that is what quilts should represent... personal family memories.

And of course, I love the puzzle!!! Nothing better then quilts and chickens! ha ha

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Perfect....it is an art display wall! I love it!


my word verification is:
punchme

Nancy M. said...

So sweet! The quilts are beautiful! I especially love the one hanging with the chickens on it!

peggy said...

I hope you will attach your story on a little tag to go with Hannah's quilt.The story and the quilt are just lovely and I think they should always be together.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Kathleen,
I absolutely love the Hannah's Baskets. It's so beautiful and your hallway is a showcase. What lovely mini quilts. You are very talented.

Sunny said...

What a very, very neat idea! Very nice work as well! beautiful little quilts, all....

Paula said...

Well, thanks for the afternoon boo-hoo, Kathleen... my eyeballs needed a good washin' anyway... LOL