I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday,

Here it is..........a cherished tea pot, stitched in jade green with gold decorative stitches on the lid and the spout...........with a rose in the center.

Teapots.......don't you love them? I do, I have quite a collection that I have gathered over the years. Each one is dear, but the one pictured above is very special. It belonged to my husband's grandmother. It was given to her on her wedding day, in the 30"s from her father. When she discovered that I loved teapots, she sent this home to live with me........I feel so blessed that she did.

I love the rose design and the intricate scalloped lid decorated with gold, as well as the top of the teapot lid handle. The spout and the handle also have gold on them.

I embroidered this set of tea towels with not too much fancy stitching, just basic embroidery, except for the rose, it is worked in a closed buttonhole stitch.

On designs such as this, I like the way simple and basic embroidery looks, don't you?
Now, how about you?
Do you collect teapots? Do you still use them?
I would love to hear!
 I hope you stop back by to visit tomorrow to see what Saturday's design will be!

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

I have half a dozen teapots, only because I haven't got the space to keep any more! Yours are gorgeous, and your teatowel embroidered designs are equally beautiful. You are so creative!

lil red hen said...

So-o-o pretty!! You certainly captured the look of the real thing. I have four teapots: one plain white, one little Japanese set, and one I picked from a junk pile, (without a lid, a small crack, and a beautiful design), and my Fiesta ware pot, which is the only one I use.

Could you explain the closed blanket stitch?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your tea towels are so pretty! Love the design and your wonderful teapot and cup you've posted along with them. Your work is always lovely so I know that everything to come in the following days is gonna be beautiful. Have a great weekend. Tammy

GardenOfDaisies said...

I have several teapots and I used them ALL the time. I always make my tea in a pot and then pour it into a pretty cup of some sort. Your embroidered tea towels are LOVELY!!! Everything you make is beautiful!