I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, September 15, 2014

Her name was Laverne.............

and she kept her fingers busy..........working beautiful pieces of needlepoint.
I found this information about her from the estate sale lady who contacted me about these beautiful pieces of needlepoint. 


Each piece 

is perfect and beautiful.


She also hand embroidered...lovely runners.........

and dresser scarves.........

her choice of floss color is so cheerful and vibrant..........


I also found other beautiful linens at another sale, 
still in the box.......unused.........

is a large rectangular light pink damask  tablecloth with 8 matching napkins.........

and another, in it's box.......unused.......

a pink Irish linen rectangular tablecloth with 6 matching napkins............. 



and more hand embroidery. 

The drawers in my shop are overflowing with lovely linens.........
waiting for someone to take them home to enjoy.........

I  have always thought that I would like to try my hand at needlepoint........I have a lot of pattern books, and some canvas and yarn............but I have never yet picked it up. 
I think it is because I prefer floss over the yarn because of the color variation I can get from embroidery floss.  That is why I love cross stitch. 
Is there any one out there........of  you wonderful readers.........
who works needlepoint?
If so, what kind of yarn do you prefer?
How long does it take for you to finish a piece?
What do you do with the piece when you are finished?
I would love to hear!

3 comments:

Wren said...

WOW! What a find, and to get the history of the maker as well! You lucky girl...

lil red hen said...

Oh my! They're all so pretty! It's wonderful to see the lovely work done in years gone by and to learn who did the work, and wonder about her life.

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful pieces you found! Wow! I am not into needlepoint; I like floss better too. But they are gorgeous! On my recent post--Yes, that Antique Shop was in an odd place! :-)