I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Saying goodbye to a year full of stitches


and looking forward to a year full of new stitches to learn and.......
........hopefully projects finished?
It seems that no matter how many days I have with every year to stitch, I never seem to have enough time to stitch and finish  every thing that I have started working on ..........
is that the way it is for you?
I looked through all of the things I have labeled
"works in progress"
and have decided to devote at least one day a week to working on them.......
well, it's a good idea at least........don't you think?
I even have them all placed in a work basket beside my stitching table, so I have no excuse to ignore them..........
How about you? 
Are there things to stitch, paint, or create that you have started and not finished........
and then declare that this is the year to get it all done?
Maybe a new job has stolen your time away............
or maybe new things have happened within your family that has
taken your attention...........
One thing I have always loved about embroidery..........
no matter how stress packed and busy my day has been,
it is always so relaxing to end my day with a few stitches......
it seems to calm the worries in my head
and to think things through as I work.
Here's wishing you a new year for a creative journey with time and enjoyment for all the things you wish to do!
Happy New Year!




12 comments:

Sandra said...

I am making a point to do the things I love most this coming year. We all know things happen and that we can't always keep perfect stitching schedules. So when I can stitch; I want to do something that will make me happy. Stamped Linen Embroidery will be high on my list! I look forward to all you have to share with us! Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

I have a whole shelf with "projects" to be done! I'll get in a mood and finish some of them, then I add more to the blank spots on the self! What a cycle, but that's ok. I love sewing.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I also have WIP's and hope to get some finished in the new year. Plus I've projects I want to tackle.

Have a wonderful 2015 ~ FlowerLady

Nancy said...

Happy New Year!

Karen said...

I know exactly what you mean, Kathleen, I never get as much stitching done as I mean to. Happy New Year to you!

lil red hen said...

Yes!! I can relate to this! Is it because I'm getting older that the days fly by with only a short time to work on projects? Am I slower? Do I wonder what will become of my work? But I love the process of stitching and piecing.

Happy New Year, and I look forward to seeing some of your finished projects.

Bev said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There is just never enough time for all I want to do and when I have regular work weeks, my creativity is completely zapped. I am so looking forward to June since this is my last year. Then, I will have more free time to do all the things I want and need to do. Wishing you all the best for the year ahead, Tammy

Joanne said...

Yes, I have a few WIP and UFOs in several craft genres. I try not to start new projects but ideas - they keep coming!

letslearnembroidery said...

Wishing you a belated Happy New Year.I try to keep minimum WIP because there's so much of work on the farm.

Marianne said...

Kathleen, I hope your Christmas season was a delight and set you into the new year. May you have joy and prosperity in every area of your life for 2015 and beyond.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

A Colorful World said...

I have been WIPED out since Christmas. I usually don't stay this tired for this long (I have chronic fatigue), but I am waiting for the day I wake up with at least a little energy! :-( We also had our missions conference at church last week. I am way behind checking in with all my commenters, and I can't even blame the weather. It's been beautiful here! Oh well. Thank you for your comments on all the work I did prior to Christmas on piece-fulness. I started a new project after the holidays....a friend who was born in Scotland is becoming a first-time grandmother. The baby is a girl. So I am embroidering panels for a baby quilt, of Scottish fairytales. I'll share when I get more done! By the way, I was going to buy a pincushion, and couldn't find them on your etsy shop.