I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Dollhouse wall photos and kitchen

I am still adding things here and there to make the dollhouse
more like a lived in farmhouse.  Since I plan on keeping this dollhouse,
I spent quite a bit of time making miniature family photos......
from our real family photos.  I arranged them 
around a "family" quote and placed it on the living room
wall......where I can always see it and remember back on our sweet life.

I had shown you a photo in an earlier post of the dollhouse kitchen. 
I have also added things to make it look like a farmhouse kitchen, 
and I have painted it yellow.


I had this red water pump with the red pail.  I made a miniature dishcloth 
and dish towel  and I made a tiny bottle of liquid dish soap.

I need a lot of practice, as you can see...........in  my "wonky" and uneven
creations.......but I made food and dishes from oven bake clay.
After the clay baked, I painted the food .
There is baked bread and rolls, a dozen eggs, spaghetti and meat balls in the
red bowl, baked chicken and roasted vegetables, and a cherry pie.
I love red handled kitchen items, I also used real tiny wire for
the whisk.
As you can see, the chicken

and the breads look pretty plain.  So they all look 
better painted in the previous photo.




I also made a tiny set of canisters from the oven bake clay.

  and I made more tiny dishcloths and dish towels for 
the storage drawers. ( a little blurry)

I made a small shelf with teapot and teacup decals to 
give the kitchen a "homey" feel.

I will add a few wall pictures to the kitchen later......
but for now......I am pretty much finished with this room.
Or... do we ever really get finished with a room, 
whether it be a dollhouse......or our real house?


10 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What a wonderful room...just waiting on the family to make it home! I am amazed at the fine details you have added to this kitchen. How creative and talented you are!

Debra said...

This is just sweet. I love it!

lil red hen said...

Kathleen, I love both rooms! You did a fine job with the clay.

Faith said...

This is adorable. You are doing a great job to make it homey. I like the red handled kitchen utensils also. I have a rolling pin which was my grandmothers. So charming.

mamasmercantile said...

My goodness, what a feast for the eyes. You are an inspiration.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I just love your doll house. I always wanted one to decorate. We are moving this summer cleat out to CA from Indiana. I have been saving bits to create a Halloween setting in a large fish tank. I have never started it because I don't really have room for it in my home but I bet I will in the new house!!
xx, Carol

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to create such a wonderful kitchen! Love it, Janice

Jeannie said...

You have so much talent! When I first clicked on this site, I thought it was a picture of your real-life living room.

I had a Barbie cardboard dollhouse when I was small. My sister and I never played with Barbies. We had two parakeets, Myrtle and Erving who were the right size for the Barbie dresses. We would dress them up, sit them in the house and they would walk around pecking at everything. After a while, they would get bored and fly up to the top of the curtains.

I guess my childhood was a bit odd...maybe it explains some of my idiosyncrasies.

Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

handmade by amalia said...

I can't believe this room, the details are amazing. You've given your little kitchen such a homey, welcoming vibe, I would be happy to cook there. Well done!
Amalia
xo

NETTY said...

How did you make your tiny dish liquid bottle? It looks so very real. Great job.