I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, August 1, 2021

A tribute........Blackbird Designs

 

As we  enter the new month of August, I cannot leave the month 
of July without a word , a tribute to Barb Adams of Blackbird Designs who 
passed away July 4th, 2021.
I felt the title of the sampler above fit for this sad time.
Barb Adams was part of the wonderful design company, Blackbird Designs,
 along with Alma Allen which started in 1999.
Over the years they have created designs for quilting and cross stitch
 loved by so many of us. 
For me, the ideas they created for all different kinds of samplers and the 
wonderful colors they chose for each pattern, is what drew me to their pattern company.
I have many of their patterns on my "stitch" bucket list waiting to be finished.
Many of you already know of this sad news.......but for those of you who do not,
here is a link with a  wonderful tribute post for Barb from her friend Alma, as 
well as a link for Barb's obituary .  This site also has links to Alma's and other Blackbird 
Design blogs for fans and information on charts and patterns.
 If you search the internet
you will find many tributes to Barb and Blackbird Designs as well. 
My sincere condolences to Barb Adams family and to Alma Allen.
 
 

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I did see that someone else posted that she had died. Her obituary was so fitting seeing as she loved The Beatles. Take care.

Prims By The Water said...

Oh no I had not heard this. So sad. Thank you for letting folks know. She will be missed. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

How sad; I know we all must return to our Maker but it is still a sad time. What a talented artist. I love her designs and as you noted, her color sense.

R's Rue said...

So sad

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

Que pena katleen, lamento mucho oir esto, ella habra dejado mucho amor entre los suyos. Podrias pasar por mi blog, hice una publicacion recientemente. Dios te bendiga.