I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Vivid colors and inspiration

 

came to me while we were on our adventures in Washington/Oregon and Hawaii. I decided before the plane landed in our home area that I was going to work an applique project. 
Now that our traveling had ended and I have settled back into a normal daily routine of a quiet life, I have returned to my creative space and picked up my lonely needle. I am catching up on some 
"gift embroidery" but I want to start to work on the images and colors I saw while on our trips.


I have turned to this book of wonderful applique patterns......or should I say.....the patterns are on the CD included.  This book is "Mi Amor, Legacy Applique by Margarete Heinisch.(2014)  You will need to  have a CD reader if you want to work patterns from this book.  I was at first frustrated about this because at the time I ordered this book, I did not have a CD reader and I did not realize the patterns were not tucked into the book as I am usually accustomed to.  However, CD readers are easy to find and easy to plug into your computer and the CD is well filled with lovely patterns.  
The book itself is well written with clear instructions and inspiring photographs of each project. I do not plan to applique the whole patterns in this book.......I just want to use some of the flower patterns for my project I am dreaming up. 
 Not many are visiting here at this blog any longer and I miss your visits and your comments. When I traced back through the years on this blog and visited your blogs.....so many have not posted in years and some blogs are no longer there.  I hope that somehow you return and tell me what your busy hands have been creating!  I would love to hear from you!

7 comments:

Julia said...

Hi dear blogger friend, I'm sorry I haven't visited or posted lately. My life has been more busy than usual as I have to take care of my husband, the farm and the house and gardens and the business and some other important things in my daily life that there is very little time to blog or visit.
The harvesting is in full swing and I'm getting older and slower.

Your needle work is always first class. You are very talented. Thanks for your lovely comment on my poor neglected blog.
Hugs, Julia

Prairie Rose said...

Your blog is one I truly look forward to visiting. I enjoy each and every one of your blog posts. Please continue. You are an inspiration to us who love needle art. Almost every week day I spend some time with a needle and thread working on my many works in progress; from hand quilting to hand embroidery, as well as cross stitch and sometimes crochet.

Granny Marigold said...

I like your enthusiasm for needlework. Unfortunately I have done very little of such and now my hands are affected by arthritis so even sewing on a button is impossible. So many bloggers do lovely hand work and I admire their projects. Have a good week.

Bonnie K said...

Those patterns look interesting. I had to stop hand quilting as I was getting carpel tunnel. I do miss it.

Rose said...

I look forward to more posts in this blog. Got to explore a little bit as time permits.

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

QUE BUENO QUE ESTAS DE VUELTA HERMANA, ME ALEGRO DE QUE HAGAS UNA NUEVA PUBLICACION. SABES QUE ME GUSTA BORDAR Y TU ME INSPIRAS, LEO TUS ANTIGUAS PUBLICACIONES DE AÑOS ANTERIORES Y ME ENCANTAN TUS TRABAJOS. CUANDO QUIERAS PASAS POR MI BLOG, HACE TIEMPO QUE NO VEO UN COMENTARIO TUYO. BENDICIONES DULCE AMIGA.

Stacy said...

I enjoy visiting your blog as well. I so admire people who are creative like yourself, unfortunately I have two left hands. So I live vicariously through others. I'm also sad to see so few creative/artistic blogs. It seems like more and more people are opting for Instagram and other forms of social media, I can't be bothered, I'm an old school blog lover!