I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A lovely gift from Patricia, and a lovely award from Linda,

So many good things have come to me through blogging. I get a chance to express myself, a chance to show some of my stitching, and a chance to find other interesting people. The one thing I did not expect,and am just completely filled with gratefulness for, is the friendships I have been blessed with since finding this world of bloggers.
Waiting at my post office was a package from Patricia at Vintage Linen Treasures, http://vintagelinentreasures.blogspot.com/ .
What a surprise to open and find this beautiful wrapped gift!
Enclosed was this beautiful embroidered pillowcase that I had admired while visiting her shop. Also enclosed was the sweetest card telling my why she had sent it to me. The reason......she is just plain out sweet and thoughtful!! And I am blessed to know her....through blogging. Thank you once again Patricia, I will treasure this! If you don't know Patricia and the wonderful things she has to show, go visit her blog! You will be inspired.

Another wonderful blogging friend is Linda from Somewhere In Time http://somewhereintyme.blogspot.com/ who has honored me with this sweet award. Thank you Linda. Go visit her blog filled with such sweet and inspiring things to look at. The rules are for me to pass this to six other bloggers, so here goes......
Patricia at Vintage Linen Treasures http://vintagelinentreasures.blogspot.com/ ,with beautiful linens to show,
Connie at The Scoop, Score, and Deal http://thescoopscoreanddeal.blogspot.com/ ,with beautiful things she has created,
Maryjane at The Beehive Cottage, http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com/ , such pretty things all of the time to see,
Shirl at Shirls Rose Cottage http://shirlsrosecottage.blogspot.com/, pretty pink Saturdays and always so helpful when in need,
Dani at Eagles Wings, http://dani-eagleswings.blogspot.com/ , pure inspiration,
and Pam at From Bear Creek,http://bearcreekhome.blogspot.com/, always a good pie recipe to try.
There are so many more blogging friends to go visit who are just so creative and inspiring. Just go to my side bar and click on the names to have a wonderful visit. You'll be glad you did!


9 comments:

Conni said...

Kathleen, thanks so much for the award! That was so sweet of you. I visited the links of your other awardees and I'm thrilled to be included in such wonderful company...

Shirl said...

Hello Kathleen, thank you so much for this award! I'm thrilled that you thought of me! I will get it posted this week. Such sweet thing for Patricia to send you that embroidered pillowcase. It's so pretty, I'll have to check out her blog!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Anonymous said...

thank you for the sweet award...I will be posting soon also...and the pillowcase is beautiful......blessings to you..

Paula said...

Congratulations on the award! And the gift from Paticia is just gorgeous!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Kathleen,

Thank you soooooo much for the sweet blog award! What an honor Kathleen! Means so much to me coming from dear, you! I also love the pillowcase that you received! That would make my day to!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi Kathleen,
I'm SO glad you love your pretty pillowcase. And thank you so much for the award! It's exciting to receive such a wonderful award from such a sweet lady like you! THANKS!
Patricia :o)

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

PS: I had so much fun visiting the other blogs on your award. There are some truly beautiful and talented ladies out there. I'm so glad I got to "meet" them.
Patricia :o)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

What a sweetheart Patricia is! I love her blog because her heart just shines through.

Smiles,
Lea

Pam said...

Oh, Kathleen, thank you so, so much!!! You have just made my day, and I am so proud of this honor.
How dear you are to think of me.
Hugs,
Pam