I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, December 3, 2010

After almost 8 months of stitching

and drawing up designs, I sent off my book proposal!.........via email..........as was suggested. I got myself ready to wait 8 weeks, as was stated in the proposal guidelines...................yet, I already got a response...................
rejection............sigh.
I noticed that the proposal papers I downloaded was dated 2008, and wondered why they had not updated it, without giving it any more thought, I went ahead and sent it in
. The rejection letter stated that they no longer publish books that are of needle work interests...........sigh again. But I will just keep trying until I find my fairy god publisher. In the meantime, I have neglected my Etsy shop.........mostly because of my work schedule and working on the proposal. I pulled out all of my linen stash and my vintage embroidery designs............. 

and have spent each night.........up until the wee hours, tracing the delicate swirls and flowers onto the linens.

These designs and my embroidery is what Yesteryear Embroideries, (my little business) is all about. I want to embroidery these vintage designs from yesteryear onto new linens to be enjoyed today.......throughout the home. I have linens for the kitchen, bedroom, and bath............plus something for baby sweet, in the making. How about you? Do you have an Etsy shop? Do you work constantly to put things in it? or are you sidetracked with work and life?
I would love to hear..............and let me know the link to your Etsy..........I will stop by to visit!


8 comments:

papel1 said...

Thanks for stopping by again. I do hope someone will publish your book. I would buy it (autographed of course). I have been doing embroidery, some designs are from a company called Bareroots. I was lucky to find their store (wool, yarn, patterns, felting, some quilting) in Bishop CA on our last RV trip. Working on a candlemat now. Enjoy the Holidays.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Kathleen,

Well..I got totally sidetracked again..haha

Have you looked at Lark Crafts publisher? Creative publications are their specialty.

http://www.larkcrafts.com/submit/submitting-a-book-proposal/

and here's another one:

http://www.ctpub.com/

There are several ways to self-publish as well...so don't give up..there's never been a better time then now to publish a book!

Thomas has left for a short term job..3-6 months so he's gone for 10 days, home for 3...he just started and will be home next week.

It's been snowing since last night but only a bit of it is sticking. It's going down in the teens over the next few days...brrr!!!

I'll be emailing you..I just got distracted with Thomas leaving for this job.

Thanks so much for visiting me!

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie ♥

staci said...

I'm so sorry Kathleen, what a disappointment. I think it's a shame. Perhaps you can sell your patterns in your Etsy shop?

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh I'm so sorry about that. Maybe you just need to find a different publisher! Or try selling patterns online via etsy.

Joanne said...

Hi, thank you so much for stopping by my blog recently and leaving me a comment. I had not posted in a long time bec yes, life does get in the way. But it is amazing what we can accomplish when one stays focused. For me, needlework and quilting are often my therapy. I do better when I am taking even a few minutes here and there to create, stitch, design,or just play with the materials. Don't give up on your book. Most writers will tell you they received many many rejections before the miraculous "yes" came..... at least they let you know it was not the product they were rejecting. Also there are ways you can self publish to get yourself jump started. I will make some inquiries for possible tips in getting published (I have distant relatives in the business) ... Love and prayers to you ....

Miri said...

I think the idea of publishing some of your patterns yourself is a great idea-lots of quilt books began as individual patterns I know.

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Kathleen,

I'm still hitting spots with my memory {or the lack of it from taking that Zocor drug}...it's about to drive me crazy. I'll remember things and then I DON"T..LOL It's really getting old...I'm trying to blog more than one day a week but it seems to be a challenge most of the time. Today I actually put up a post for White Wednesday..that's a change.

My favorite affirmation these days is "NEVER GIVE UP" LOL!!

I know you must be terribly busy...and I need to email you...many things to catch up on with you.

Have a wonderful day,
Stephanie ♥

Postcardy said...

You can actually publish your own books now. I am thinking about doing one with my postcards at blurb.com.