I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, March 2, 2014

While going through and organizing

the projects in my work basket, 
the ones, unfinished..........and sometimes forgotten..........
I found this shirt............
if you remember..........I had posted about  awhile back

and I showed you how I was beginning to embroider on it.........
to make it my garden shirt. I embroidered the front pocket and on the inside and up above the pocket to make it look as if flowers were spilling out of it. 

Since then, I laid it aside and , never gave it another thought.....until this weekend. So in trying to decide what to it  add next..........I had been thinking about how much I cant wait to see the morning glory to start growing and blooming here on the grounds..............

I decided to stitch morning glory on the other side of the shirt. I have them going across the shoulder, 

and dipping down on the front facing. 

And I want a different array of color..........


They also dip over the shoulder and down into the back

where the smallest bud lies, I think I need to add a bumble bee here.........
don't you ? 

On the side shoulder, I wanted the flowers to fall off a little.

Now the shirt is starting to bloom. I also want to add a graceful butterfly...........
and a few other things, without it looking gaudy. 
What do you think should be added?
Do you like to embellish shirts or clothing?
If you do, do you like to embroider,.........or paint?
Or maybe you like to add jewels or studs?
I would love to see and hear about it!

6 comments:

Wren said...

You really do some beatiful work! ( Sigh)

The Tea Lady's Journal said...

Happy to see this Shirt out again and being stitched on. What a wonderful Garden Shirt it will be. I like your creative thought on how to add the stitching designs. Don't think I could ever free hand such a design!

lil red hen said...

Oh, much too pretty to worn in the garden, unless of course it was for a garden party. :) Will this be put in your shop?

Hill Top Post said...

Gardening time is almost here, so it is time to get out the old gardening shirts. However, I am afraid mine won't be quite so lovely as yours. Surely you wouldn't really wear this lovely embroidered shirt in the garden. Unless, as lil red hen said, "It was for a garden party."

Connie said...

You have the prettiest handiwork. I love how creative you are with your stitchery.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Fantastic! Your embroidery embellishment makes anything beautiful. :) Blessings, Tammy