I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

January


"January is here, with eyes that keenly glow,
A frost-mailed warrior 
striding a shadowy steed of snow." 
              Edgar Fawcett

A new year is here.  I have many plans and projects for 
this year that I hope to learn how to do, ..........and to finish.
I have spent the last few weeks sorting and organizing my stash
of floss, yarns, and fabrics. 
I have decided to try my best......and I do mean......try
to use up and to work on what I already have instead of 
purchasing something else.......
.but oh my, 
how hard it is to resist all of the pretty new patterns and
materials that are offered wherever I turn! 
This week, I am sharing 5 simple things 
that I enjoyed this past week......
1. I am happy to have put the Christmas trees and decorations
away........neatly 
2. Our youngest son flew home to visit, adding  joy to our holiday.
3. A nest full of tiny eggs, from tiny chickens,  comes from the henhouse. 
4. Miniature roses are still blooming on my inside windowsill .
5. We had a peaceful and quiet New Year's eve.
So tell me...........
do you have plenty of projects and materials to finish up.........or do you have plans
for something new to try?  I would love to see and hear!
Here's wishing that something simple and enjoyable comes your 
way this week! 



5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Our local yarn store had a sale the last few weeks of December but I didn't go. Like you, I want to use what I have without purchasing anymore than necessary. Your carnation embroidery is beautiful. Happy New Year!

Prims By The Water said...

I have loads of unfinished projects that need to picked up and completed. I always have good intentions on doing so, but then things change. Happy New Year! Janice

Debra said...

Well, I have to say I'm relieved I am not the only one who enjoys buying new treasures-when I don't even need them! Trying to make do with the good things I have! Your embroidery is always a joy to look at! I do plan to do more of that this year...

Jean Tuthill said...

I have some little dresses to knit and to embroider with the bullion roses. I love how they look when finished. birthday presents for my sisters! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Connie said...

It is always a great idea to use what you have on hand. I'm pretty good at doing that until a great sale comes ago. Last week I did ordered fabric from Green Fairy . . . I could have done without it, but it was a great buy and soooooooooooooo pretty :)
Thanks for being such a sweet blogging sister,
I love visiting your blog.
Connie :)