I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Now is the time of year, where, no matter which aisle

you turn in the grocery store, 
(Henry Hintermeister painting circa 1940s)
you will find a loyal grandmother, surrounded with grandchildren who 
are free from school for the summer. 
For me, it is the time of year to crochet a new batch of dishcloths.
By this time of year, my current stash is getting pretty worn.

I pretty much use up the scrap yarn that I have.
This one particular pattern I like to call 
" farmhouse stripe" 

It is quick and easy to crochet and I can use any small 
snippets of yarn I have left.

However, I cannot resist a pretty yarn when 
I spy it in the craft store. This was so 
bright and colorful.

This was so lovely, I just had to have it. It has a marbled look 
it and is such a wonderful soft cotton.

I also experimented with a vintage potholder crochet pattern and
made a matching dishcloth to go with it. 

Just a few more to crochet up and then I will have 
a good new stash to enjoy my dish washing with.

June is here...........a pretty month full of sun and flowers blooming!  

It was June, and the world smelled of roses. 
The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.
Maud Hart Lovelace
Wishing you days filled with sunshine and flowers blooming!

8 comments:

lil red hen said...

These are so nice! Do you use a cotton thread or yarn?

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prims By The Water said...

I use to crochet pot holders for wedding and baby showers in our family. Love yours and the dish cloths are a great way to use up yarn. The farmhouse striped one is fun. Janice

Hill Top Post said...

I really like your assortment of dishcloths. A lady at church used to give us a couple around the holidays, which I so miss now. The lil red hen gave me some crocheted potholders a couple of years ago, which I use almost every day.

Anita said...

I love the photo of Grandma on the roller skates....that's what I plan to be like when I become a Grandma. lol. I love you dish cloths...very useful indeed and the flower potholders are just too cute. You have a real passion for crochet. Beautiful.xx

mamasmercantile said...

I also smiled at the picture of the Granny on skates, I like to think I am a little like that with my Grandchildren. Love the daisy potholder, a stunning make.

handmade by amalia said...

I love your daisy potholders, such a pretty design and cheerful colors. Sorry I've not been by for a while, very busy few weeks and I'm behind on my blog reading.
Amalia
xo

letslearnembroidery said...

The daisy potholders are awesome.Wonder where I can get the pattern from?