I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

I have just finished making a full size quilt...................sort of

I stepped away from my cross stitch to make
a patchwork quilt.........
which only took a couple of days of my time.

The quilt is full size............if you are only 7" tall that is.
It has 100 little patchwork squares and it measures 
7 1/2" X 71/2"


It does have batting in between and was hand stitched
and hand quilted........by me.

I chose this lovely floral print for the back


The reason for a quilt so small??  you might ask?
Because earlier, I made a very tiny bed, 

a very tiny mattress, 

a tiny fitted sheet, 

along with a tiny flat top sheet. 
And it all fits perfectly together!  

Since the sheets were in yellow, 
I chose the yellow prints for the quilt. 

I also made a matching pillow. 

Now ......a pretty bed with all of the pretty linens. 
but............why such a tiny bed??

I wanted to start making doll boxes......just a bit  
like the old antique doll boxes of long ago.
And I also wanted to find a unique way to sell
the vintage dolls I have in a  trunk in my 
vintage shop.  
I have accumulated  a few of the pretty boxes from the 
craft stores that have hinges and latches on them
Now I can put the doll in the box and fix the box 
up with a bed,  doll clothes and a few accessories.
I think this might entice someone to buy the dolls and 
give them another life of play. 
On this doll, I still need to make her a wardrobe and 
put a few more details into her box.
I enjoy working with miniatures like this
I still have a doll house that needs my attention.
But........I am still working on my cross stitch 
on separate days.
Tell me.........with cold winter moving in.....
what are you creating?
I would love to hear!















7 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful way to make a sweet little dolly happy. I know she must love her new bed and the little hand-stitched quilt (I surely do!).

Prims By The Water said...

How cool. Great job on those tiny stitches. Janice

lil red hen said...

Oh how sweet!! The box with a doll inside would make someone very happy! And just in time for Christmas shopping. Your quilt and bedding are perfect for this "home".

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh my goodness! Absolutely the sweetest thing ever. What a great idea. Someone should be very, very happy to have such a lovely doll set. Beautiful work!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh WOW!! Such a great idea to display and market your antique dolls. We have a new great grand on the way. Maybe it will be a girl!! Too soon to tell.
xx, Carol

Gina E. said...

Aww, that is so cute! One of my friends collected and dressed dolls for many years and had a huge collection which she is now trying to downsize. She asked me if I'd like one, and I now have 'Linda' sitting on our bed! I haven't been interested in dolls since I was a child, and never thought I would have one on my bed at this time of my life! But she looks sweet and my husband even likes her there. The cats aren't so sure, but they haven't attacked her, so I guess she is safe!

handmade by amalia said...

I love this! It is brilliant and pretty and I'm still trying to work out how you made the mattress. And if Thumbelina ever comes to visit, you are all set.
Amalia
xo