I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, November 2, 2019

My fingers have been jumping from cross stitch..............

to doll box, to dollhouse these days.  
I work on these 3 things on 3 separate days.
The cross stitch roses are coming along beautifully,
( I will show a pic of that later)
If you have read my last post, you will remember this little
doll and the bed and quilt I made for it. As  you can see, 
I have done a bit more to complete the box.

I painted a little wooden dresser in the same colors as the quilt,
The little doily is a vintage crochet piece from my stash,
The little ball was all yellow, so I painted a red stripe and 
a red flower onto it.  The baby buggy
was all blue plastic, so I also painted it in white 
with black details.

I decoupaged a little flower onto the dresser
and I made a very tiny bed and blanket for the tiny
baby doll in the buggy.

I added a miniature play rabbit, and I crocheted the gold 
yellow flower pillow for the bed.

I added the decorative paper and lace onto the top 
facing of the box and fixed straps for an umbrella ( I glued flowers and ric rac to)
a little hair brush and a little tiara.

The doll has a pretty dress, so I decided I would make a little coat
out of some pretty flannel scraps that I had.

I really enjoy making doll clothes.......do you?

I need to make a few more pieces of clothing for the 
doll's wardrobe.

and now.........if anyone should open the box............
they will have a delightful surprise! 

Some of you might remember a post I showed a while back of 
a homemade dollhouse I picked up at a junk sale.  I had 
originally decorated  the kitchen in red and white. 
I soon discovered that the dollhouse had an odor. I worked 
and worked for weeks to get rid of the odor.........finally finding that
"Kilz" took the odor all away. But I had to coat the entire dollhouse 
and redo the kitchen.  I decided this time on a cheery yellow
farmhouse kitchen.  I still have things to do in this room 
and many other rooms to go.  It will be a patient process.  
Do you ever find that you have so many things that  you love to create with 
your hands .........that you know you will never have enough time to do them all?
I think I will have to be 150 years old if were to ever work on and finish the projects I love to 
do.  How about you?

5 comments:

Faith said...

OH! This is sooooooooooooooooooooo stunning. I love miniature kitchy things, and in the box...what a charming idea. You are so creative, I can't sew, well I can....but not well, it is for me a chore. Maybe if I had a place to keep the machine up, I would be more apt to sew things. Beautiful.

Hill Top Post said...

Your doll box is so very special. I love the little flannel coat! I have started work on some doll clothes for the girls' Christmas presents. What fun!

lil red hen said...

I love this!! I hope to be able to do things with my great granddaughter that are creative and fun. Paper, scissors, glue, imagination = learning experiences. I've been messing around with spool dolls and clothespin dolls. Sewing tiny clothes for them isn't easy for me. I hope you'll do more of this and write about it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love your doll house and your traveling doll house as well. I can get overwhelmed all to easily if I dwell on things I want to do. To keep my sanity I work on something every day, whether stitching or cleaning.
xx, Carol

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun dollhouse box you created.Very creative! Janice