I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, November 30, 2019

My soul is fed...........with needle and thread

 I have put away the projects I have been working on .....
but only for a few days/weeks.   I have a stack of 
vintage linens which are in need of soaking and repair.
These pieces have such beautiful embroidery, however, 
some will be usable after the repair work is done,
but some will be only worthy of the embroidery they 
have on them.  These pieces will be wonderful for use 
in making purses, quilts, or some other craft project
Most importantly , for me, 
the embroidery will be saved.
Here is hoping that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving
time and that you are back into creating what 
makes you the most happy!


5 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Have needle and thread in my hand too! Finishing up my rabbit. Janice

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You have some lovely vintage pieces. I work with needle, thread, beads of all types, hooks and yarn.

Have a lovely holiday season ~ FlowerLady

Bits of Stitching! said...

So many lovelies! Have fun sorting thru them, and getting them ready for upcycling.

lil red hen said...

Like Janice, I also have needle and thread in my hands; I'm doing some blanket stitch applique. I'm so glad you will be able to use the stained pieces in some of your other projects. I have used old pieces for doll aprons.

handmade by amalia said...

You have beautiful pieces here, well worth the effort of saving. Looking forward to seeing what you make.
Amalia
xo