I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, March 29, 2020

No matter how much time I have spent , lost in my stitching,

the worry of the uncertain times the coronavirus has 
placed on our health, our well being, and the stability of our
nation/world,
 still looms over me like a cloud.  So many people
suffering and struggling.  All we have is each other
and our faith to get us through this. 

I finally finished the cross stitched roses on linen that I had started a while back.
I am pretty sure I will frame this piece. I had at first thought
about placing it on the back of an antique chair.  
But no....I will frame it.

The weather has turned warmer and the gardens
outside need my attention. There is so much that is needing to 
be done that I will slow down on my stitching to enjoy
the outside world.  
However, in the late afternoon and up into the night,
I will once again have my needle for company.

For if my faith in faith be strong,
No doubt can enter in
My mind to make me ill and sad,
And let old Satan win!
Gertrude T. Buckingham, "Have Faith in Faith"

. I hope this finds pretty weather on  your shoulders and  
that  you and your loved ones are all safe and well.


11 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Such a beautiful cross stitch. My gramma would place some of hers on the back of chairs. Janice

lil red hen said...

I keep thinking of the song Charlotte (Charlotte's Web)sang to Wilbur: "Chin up, chin up!" Your words help us be calm.

Faith said...

Oh those Roses are lovely, would look pretty no matter where or what you do. Working with your hands calms your mind.

Faith said...

Thank you for stopping over at my Crochet blog..and for following along, I didn't see that I had a new follower, I didn't see your icon, just a silouhette is that you? I thought I had shut it down, and was surprised to find a follower, and a comment. I hadn't gotten any traffic. So, I'm leaving it up. And I thank you following along. I appreciate it.

mamasmercantile said...

We are safe and well thank you for asking. So glad all is well with you. Take care and stay safe. It was a joy to see such beautiful stitches, a real delight.

Debra said...

This stitching is just breathtaking. A perfect art to get lost in, and pray and think while you stitch. I look forward to seeing your garden. Love to you and Sophie and all your household.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely cross stitch! Be well, be safe ~ FlowerLady

R's Rue said...

Lovely.

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, how beautiful your cross-stitches roses are! Yes, we must have "faith in faith." Take care ~~

handmade by amalia said...

The roses are fantastic! I was very stressed when this crisis began and crafting has been my salvation. I've been getting into the rhythm of it in recent days, feeling more settled, and best of all - reading the paper in the morning and not watching the news. Take good care and stay safe.
Amalia
xo

Amy said...

I have the Vinca vines also, all over front yard.Love your blog. I am just starting to blog.