I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Baskets of "Pretty"

 These early November days have me gathering my yarns  and heading out to the patio where the sun has just the right warmth and the day holds just the right light to work some crochet stitches with my hook.


Here,   I can linger and spend much time as I work the stitches, feeling the light breeze, watching the last of the butterflies and bees fluttering and buzzing in and out of the summer's remaining  flowers.   
They seem to know as well as I , that soon , these petals of beauty will be gone and there will be a long stretch of cold before they return.


 
The day ends in early darkness this time of year, and I spend the late afternoons inside my stitching nook,  turning bits of scrap fabric into little items for my vintage shop.  It never ceases to amaze me at what all can be created by one little scrap piece of fabric.  One only needs to research the internet these days to find a bounty of inspiration.
As I stitch, my thoughts are upon, the holidays , that ,although I have had a whole year to be prepared for, they seem to rush at me faster these short few weeks.  There are still outside things to be done, .........garden spaces to be cleared, seeds and bulbs to be planted, and the final things to do in the greenhouse. Best of all........it is the most wonderful weather to enjoy all of these things. 
Tell me, are you busy creating special gifts for loved ones for Christmas? , are you gathering ingredients for those wonderful family gathered meals?  In all of this busyness........are you taking time to enjoy these slowing down and lovely days?
Here's wishing for you pleasant and peaceful days.








5 comments:

Julia said...

You have kept busy and your scrap creations are beautiful. I love your little pin keeps and scrubbers.

We live near the river and all our beautiful leaves are gone and the trees are bare. because of the high wind and rain, we had but there is still beauty on the road to town.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am a new follower of your blog.
Julia

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love those little sachets! The shapes are just perfect, little flatties yet plump! Just adorable. Especially that bee one. They will get sold in a flash I predict. I need to plant my bulbs, too. Which means pulling up some annuals, always hard to do for me while they are still "in the game" as winter approaches. I am mainly collecting seeds and getting ready for a big seed swap in a seed swap group, for Xmas.

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

QUE HERMOSAS CREACIONES KATLEEN¡¡¡¡¡¡ ES VERDAD, CON UN POCO DE TELA, PUEDES HACER INFINIDAD DE COSAS, AMO LA CREATIVIDAD, ME HACE SENTIR QUE SOY UNA ARTESANA, QUE DIOS ME BENDIJO CON UNA MENTE CREATIVA Y ESTOY AGRADECIDA POR ESO. GRACIAS POR TU DULCE COMENTARIO EN MI BLOG Y SI, MI AMADO ESPOSO ES MUY GOLOSO, LE GUSTA SABOREAR LOS PASTELES QUE HAGO, ES COMO UN NIÑO JAJAJAJA. SINO GUARDO UNAS PORCIONES, SE COME TODO, ES UN AMOR. BENDICIONES Y QUE DIOS TE PROTEJA.

Prims By The Water said...

Loving your pretties! No outside here for me. In fact we had flurries today. UGH Janice

Stacy said...

I just love your 'sunflower potholders'. Unfortunately my dyslexia and having all thumbs keeps me from attempting those myself. I'll just look at yours and sigh......

Cheers,
***Stacy**