I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, November 19, 2021

Colonial Garden

 

Life is a garden, not a road We enter and exit through the same gate. 
Wandering, where we go matters less than what we notice.
                                               Kurt Vonnegut

****design comes from a vintage 1988 Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine. 
Titled "Colonial Garden" 
stitched this month on 18ct white Aida .  

8 comments:

Julia said...

Your cross stitch is really beautiful. I enjoy cross-stitching but had a bit of a problem with my eyes. I had to use magnifying glasses. I haven't crossed stitched a while.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. I hope that you have a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Julia

Hill Top Post said...

I want to go through that gate and see what lays beyond. I am curious about the house and about those who live there. I love this piece!

Lady Locust said...

That's so sweet. I know there was lots of "cutsie" stuff in the late 80's and early 90's, but it really was a kind look, wasn't it?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh that's beautiful! And I'll write that quote in my journal today! It's perfect for me! Enjoy your weekend!

Debra said...

Oh how lovely! Your work always makes me yearn for being able to do such beautiful stitching....I wanted to answer a question you asked me on my blog-yes-I have painted some of the photos from my grandfather's farm. I really need to do more, as the photos were so beautiful-not because of anything I did, but the subject matter was so beautiful. I hope your Thanksgiving is rich with memories and beauty. thanks so much for being my pal. Give Sophie a hug for me...

Prims By The Water said...

I stitch this piece in the 1980's. Wonderful! Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous stitchery. I love the backstitching. It really makes the design! The arching vine over the little gate!

Rose said...

This is beautiful. I meant to say about your crochet piece in the above, it is beautiful, too.