I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, December 11, 2021

I have stepped out of my comfort zone

 

I usually crochet the round type doilies and I usually only prefer
to use white or light color thread.  I have learned to crochet the round type doilies and am comfortable
that when I start a new doily......it will turn out the way I hope. 
But this time, I wanted to "experiment" .....to broaden my horizons......
to learn how to make motifs and then learn how to correctly crochet them
together to make lovely scarves and tablecloths.
I also decided to use red and green crochet thread.
( I noticed I did not lay it flat enough in the photo....the bottom corner would be even)
This is a 1944 pattern and it was a good one to start with to learn the technique I was wanting.
I am not at liberty to share this pattern, but there are many in old booklets and on the internet that '
if you wish, you can find .  
I will leave you with this link to a wonderful crochet web page, full of 
crochet history and such.
Christmas time is upon us and the last days of this year are winding down
There is much I hope to achieve within  the new year that is to come........
new techniques.....new projects completed.
Here's wishing you a joyous and merry Christmas! 

So remember while December
Brings the only Christmas Day
In the year let there be Christmas
In the things we do and say
Wouldn't life be worth the living
Wouldn't dreams be coming true
If we kept the Christmas spirit
All the whole year through.
~Author unknown, c.1962
visit my cooking blog for the recipe for this creamy chicken dish
you can find the link here 








7 comments:

Rose said...

Sometimes I wish I had learned to crochet and knit and others I am almost thankful I didn't because yarn could become an addiction.

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

ME ENCANTA TU CROCHET AMIGA, SE VE MUY DELICADO. DESEO QUE EL PROXIMO AÑO SE REALICEN TODOS TUS SUEÑOS, QUE APRENDAS MAS Y MAS, Y QUE DIOS TODOPODEROSO, TE CONCEDA A TI Y A LOS TUYOS, UN AÑO BENDECIDO, LLENO DE AMOR Y DE PAZ, TRABAJO, SALUD, UNION FAMILIAR. GRACIAS POR PASAR POR MI BLOG, APRECIO TU COMENTARIO. BENDICIONES¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really turned out beautifully! I love these for putting on tables that small things like candles can go on top of. I don't like to hide them! Enjoy your week! Holiday hugs!

Debra said...

Your crocheting is lovely! My grandma could just look at something and make it up without a pattern. She tried teaching me to crochet-and I can do it-sort of-but I have trouble following a pattern. Lots of chain stitches-I seem to be able to do them okay! Knitting is my thing. but I love the look of crochet.

Prims By The Water said...

Your crochet piece looks lovely! I crocheted a doily for my baby shower for every person who came. It was a special little gift and the pattern was my gramma H's....so my family really appreciated it! Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

I think the vintage-style piece you are crocheting just looks fantastic. The bright colors are perfect! I recall my Granny favored very bright colors in her crochet, too. Maybe the bright colors were to push back the evil afoot in WWII!

Rose said...

I love the red & green...very nice.