I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, April 15, 2022

James Wild Rose

 Spring is here, and I think most of us associate spring with 

lovely blooming flowers and the often garden favorite..........the rose.

In my shop are many vintage plates with rose designs.
One particular design I love is from a vintage platter,
from the Edwin Knowles china company and 
the design is known as James Wild Rose.
I can't resist purchasing these old beauties to place in my shop


and I especially wanted this piece just for the sole purpose
to create the design for embroidery
I love the grayish leaves along with the green
I have a project in mind for this piece, and if all works as 
well as I hope, I will show you the results in a few weeks.
Easter is here and I hope this finds you having 
lovely spring time weather and preparing for a 
wonderful Easter weekend with family and friends.
Wishing you all a very happy Easter!












6 comments:

Julia said...

What a great way to welcome Spring. I love the rose design and your own embroidery design from the pattern on the plate. You did such a lovely job. Now, I'm curious to see your project in your next post.

Stay well, and have a Blessed Easter.

Hugs,

Julia


Debra said...

Your work is lovely-as always! The platter is gorgeous. I need to show my great-grandmother's china on my blog. It is so beautiful.

lil red hen said...

Kathleen, your lovely work never ceases to amaze me!! It's perfect! I a lot of Homer Laughlin platters, several with roses. I love the feel of old china pieces.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love the way you stitched the china pattern. Wouldn't it be beautiful to have a table cloth
to match your china?!?
xx, Carol

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Old patterns really are so beautiful.

Jeannie said...

Your sewing skills have impressed me! To copy another pattern perfectly must be hard to do. Both designs are beautiful!
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry