I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Sunday, March 27, 2022

My latest finishes

I have long wanted to work this quilt pattern into
a table runner instead of a quilt.  I found this pattern a long
while back in a library book..........long before we had home
computers and large book stores. 
I photo copied the pattern
page at the library, knowing that one day I would use it for the 
table topper I could envision in my mind. 
I found the cutest bee themed fabric at the fabric store the other
day and knew that it would be perfect for the hexagon block in the center.
I am thrilled that my idea worked out the way I had hoped!

I also finished the "Red Garden Sampler" I have been working
off and on for months and am very pleased with how it looks
and I have finished making a few sets of crochet coasters
to sell in my shop.
I found the sweetest boxes for the set to fit in.
My needle and hooks do not stay idle for long, as 
I am already in the middle of working on another project.
So tell me everyone..........what are you keeping your
hands busy with?  I would love to hear!






 


 

10 comments:

Debra said...

I love every project here! The bee fabric really is perfect for the quilt runner. The doilies are pretty in the box too. And the sampler-oh-to be able to do such fine work! I am drawing, painting-waiting for warm weather so I can work outside. It's snowing right now!

happyone said...

Every you have made is just beautiful.
I love the table runner - so creative in the shape.
The doilies are gorgeous!!! The box is perfect for them.

Julia said...

Your table runner is beautiful. You are very talented...
I love your Red garden sampler. It's done to perfection and so are your crocheted coasters. All beautiful.

Hugs,
Julia

Hill Top Post said...

Oh, so much to admire here. I love the table topper!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I really miss having a purpose to crochet with thread. Now there are two little girls. One is 2 and one is 2 months so I see lots of crochet lace in my future. (Hurray!) I taught myself crochet my crocheting doilies from a book I still have. It is my first love.

We don't have a dining room table yet as there is still some remodeling going on. But I did buy a pattern for a spiral flipping piece table runner that I plan to make for it. Corey did buy a table to get us by but took it back because it just wasn't long enough for us all. This is not a go to the furniture store and buy a table kind of house, lol.

I love it that you found a box to go with the doilies. Serendipity for sure.
xx, Carol

Prims By The Water said...

Oh my gosh your crocheted coasters reminded me of the time I crocheted these for my baby shower to give to everyone who attended. So love yours! Also that quilted runner looks like a hard pattern, but you made it look so easy and looks awesome on your table. I know you will enjoy it for years to come. Janice

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

QUE BUENO QUE ESTES AQUI NUEVAMENTE¡¡¡¡¡¡ ME ALEGRO QUE SIGAS EN ESTE BLOG, TUS TRABAJOS SON ADORABLES. HICE UN CUADRO DECORATIVO PARA LA HABITACION DE MI HIJA PRISCILA, ES UN ANTIGUA IMAGEN DE SUE BONET, NO SE SI ESTA BIEN ESCRITO, USE COLORES ALEGRES PARA ESO, ME ENCANTAN LAS IMAGENES DE SUE BONET Y DE SARA KEY, ¿TE GUSTAN A TI? LO PUBLIQUE EN MI BLOG POR SI QUIERES PASAR POR AHI. BENDICIONES Y SIGUE BORDANDO.

Flora said...

Beautiful table runner, sampler, and doilies. What a talent you have!

Jeannie said...

On a whim, I decided to see if you were posting again, and oh what a surprise! You are back! Your blog will be added back to my reading list.

To answer your question, I have done some sewing today. I repaired three frayed, ragged towels for the bathroom. Ugh. Mending. Such a boring necessity.
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Barwitzki said...

Your "Red Garden Sampler" is a work of art. Outstanding!!!
Your little coasters are cute and the table runner is fabulous...I like it.
I cleaned up my sewing table :-)) A new project is welcome :-)
I sewed loose summer trousers and matching shirts... and when I see your table runner now... I think I should :-))) Table runners are so great.
Many greetings to you. Viola. Hug.