I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Have yourself a merry little Christmas!

 

When Christmas bells are swinging above the fields of snow,
We hear sweet voices ringing from lands of long ago.
      And etched on vacant places,
      Are half forgotten faces
Of friends we used to cherish, and loves we used to know...
Ella Wheeler Wilcox, "Christmas Fancies, Custer and Other Poems, 1896


4 comments:

Julia said...

Merry Christmas to you too. I hope that all your wishes comes true at Christmas.
Hugs,
Julia

Debra said...

I love the nostalgic picture and beautiful poem. Lovely.

Prims By The Water said...

A fun vintage card. Merry Christmas. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love those vintage pink Christmas cards -- Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, keep on stitchin'!