I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

As far back as I can remember

 

I have always had a love for embroidered linens and the art of hand embroidery.
As the years swept by, I found myself deep in a pile of wonderful vintage linens that were either handed down to me or that I had found in some shop as I went along my way.  There were also vintage pre- stamped linens still in wonderful shape waiting for embroidery and crochet edging. I have a large amount of those that I have hand embroidered and have hand crocheted edges to. 
Along with all of that, I have always wanted a vintage shop where I could sell these vintage linens along with lovely vintage dishware.  That is how my shop and blog 
"Yesteryear Embroideries" began.

This year I have focused on working on some of the pre- stamped linens to offer in my shop.........hopefully towards the holiday season . I decided to work on this 3 piece vanity dresser set this month.
I chose red and blue  floss for the floral embroidery
and black floss for the lattice work embroidery.  I chose a crochet edge pattern from a 1943 crochet booklet that I like. 
Now this set is finished
and it looks great on an antique vanity dresser.  However, I encourage everyone to use the linens to accomplish the look the way they want in their own homes.  There are so many ways this 3 piece set can be used throughout the home. 
The days here have been pretty.  So many things are in bloom or have wild berries on them.
I would love to hear what you are working on. Here's wishing you pretty spring days ahead!









 



3 comments:

Julia said...

Wow, I'm just in awe of your beautiful work. you are so talented. The crocheted border is so perfect. It has been years since I've done embroidery. It has become almost a lost art. Keep up the good work.

Hugs, Julia

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So very beautiful. Your work is amazing. I'm mostly cross-stitching right now.

SIRVIENDO AL SEÑOR said...

OH KATLEEN QUE BELLEZA, SI FUERAMOS VECINAS TE LOS COMPRARIA, ME ENCANTAN TUS BORDADOS SON TAN EXQUISITOS,VINTAGE Y TIENEN ESE ENCANTO DE LO ANTIGUO, ERES UNA GENIA¡¡¡¡¡. AQUI ESTAMOS EN OTOÑO CON TOQUES DE INVIERNO, TEMPORADA QUE ME GUSTA, YA HE ENCENDIDO NUESTRA SALAMANDRA A LEÑA QUE CALIENTA MUCHO NUESTRO HOGAR, ME SIENTO AL LADO Y BORDO O TEJO, ES MUY RELAJANTE. HEMOS TENIDO DIAS MUY DUROS AQUI EN FAMILIA, PERO CONFIAMOS EN DIOS QUE EL NOS DARA LA VICTORIA. JESUS DIJO: EN ESTE MUNDO TENDREIS AFLICCIONES...... Y VAYA QUE LAS TENEMOS, PERO EL DICE: CONFIAD, YO HE VENCIDO AL MUNDO. CUANDO TENGAS TIEMPO PASA POR MI BLOG. GRACIAS Y BENDICIONES.