I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, August 28, 2026

Vintage Crewel Embroidery Kit repurposed

 


I posted about this farm scene crewel embroidery kit a couple of posts back
A Slow Stitched Farm Scene
and I am thrilled to say that I am now finished with it.

As I had previously posted, I chose not to embroider with the included yarn.
Instead of used embroidery floss and added flowers and my own touches to 
make this farm scene come to life.  I also tinted the design with paint before stitching.

 The frame was also included with the kit, and I have decided that I do like
the look of it and will now frame the piece with this frame.
Now.........tell me........
what have your creative hands been busy with?

2 comments:

Barwitzki said...

Your farm picture turned out beautifully, and dyeing the fabric a little was a great idea.
I’m currently sewing a small mat featuring four "illusion block" patterns.
Sending you warm regards and wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Just gorgeous. I absolutely love your creative talent. ❤️