I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas turns into country

I decided it was time to make something "Christmasy" or at least with a little bit of Christmas color.

I completed this soft little wash cloth.......

and also played with more "black with a splash of color" embroidery.

When I put the two together, they came out more like "country kitchen", which I love the look of. I am going to make sets like these to sell at the farmer's market in July- October of this coming year. How about you? Do you see red and white a lot in kitchens.....or blue? What colors do you like kitchens do be in most? I would love to hear.




8 comments:

Linda said...

Kathleen, that is a darling set, make a lot, they will sell like crazy.

My kithchen is a soft yellow, with lots of depression glass green pieces and touches of red here and there...I love it...hugs, Lidna

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

Cute kitchen set. the washcloth reminds me of red gingham.

My kitchen doesn't really have a color scheme. My whole house has deep reds, greens, blues, browns.

I do like roosters and chickens in my kitchen. (not real ones!ha ha)

rustycupboard said...

I am a major fan of red and white. but the coffee shop is very popular. also several of my friends are doing roosters. I mostly do red and white

Anonymous said...

our kitchen is mainly browns, greens and red colors as accents......cute kitchen sets....should do well..

Linda Stubbs said...

Do you have the pattern for your washcloth. I love it!!! If I could pay for one I will do that. If you come to my blog you will see why I like it so much. Just let me know. If not that is fine. I would use it for personal use only.

Blessings, Linda

www.prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com
prairie flower farm (dot) g mail (dot) com

peggy said...

I think those are perfect colors, I am one of those whose tiny kitchen is not locked into any color, I like them all. My daughters kitchen is a nice blue with some dark red, nice combination.

Conni said...

more wonderfulness!

Anonymous said...

i have noticed that red fits into every season.

i like the country kitchen idea.
pretty.