I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Although my needle has been working every day..........

and up into the late hours of evening..........I do not 
have much that's new to show you yet.  
That is the situation
when it comes to those who work with needle and thread.....
(as most of you can agree........)
one project takes such a great amount of time to finish!
Hopefully, in a week or two..........I will be able to 
say.........."I am finished!" with my current project
and can excitedly tell you about a new project! 
So, I will leave you with 
 an embroidered piece for this month of March. ( this is one of 12 coasters in a set 
that I embroidered a few years back)
How about you?  Are you completely absorbed in 
stitching or creating something.......that, 
no matter what, you are determined to finish before
you start something else? I would love to hear! 

4 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I am still in awe of your Flower Basket quilt block, and love seeing it on your side bar. I was inspired by your post and am now reading Grace's book, "No Time on My hands." What an amazing woman she was. I have several projects going now, so I keep jumping from one thing to another. Really, I think it is wise to finish one thing before beginning another.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I am supposed to be making items for a craft market on the 29th but can't even motivate myself to get started. :/ I can imagine how long your stitching takes as all your work is so beautifully detailed. I tend to go for quick and easy these days and still can't manage to finish or even start everything I want. Happy Women's Day!

mamasmercantile said...

The coaster is stunning such fine needelework. I am looking forward to seeing what you are working on at the moment. I am working on a blanket, a coat and wreaths at the moment.

Debra said...

I do love the detail of your stitching-this piece is so springy and pretty! I have some paperclay doll heads I've been working on for quite a while. And a church project. Ideas for paintings-but so far the paperclay has been taking my time.