I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Spring is here.........time for cheery towels for your kitchen!

Today, instead of needle and floss..........here is a quick and easy way 
to add cheery spring flowers to your kitchen decor! 
Gather up your fabric paints, your brushes, 
and find the towels you like at almost any
store............

grab up a few hot pads that match the color of  your towels.


You can use stencils, 

iron on transfers, 

or hand paint your own design.
Let your creativity and imagination go.  I did heat set
my towels and potholders after the paint dried to 
ensure that the design would stay permanent after laundering.
Hang them all over your kitchen.......make a bunch to give to your friends! 
Most of all enjoy creating!

Speaking of spring flowers................these lovely flowers are all over the grounds! 
Their fragrance fills the air.
These are so cheery...........my embroidery needle is wanting to create them!

Also, I have posted a pretty and delicious springtime cake on my cooking blog.
This is such a light and fluffy cake.....from a 1963 McCall's cookbook.
you can find the recipe at this link

 I've banished Winter, saith the Spring,
Awake! arise, ye flowers!
Brisk breezes blow,
Bright sunshine glow,
And rouse the young Year's powers.
Henry James Slack (1818–1896), 
The Ministry of the Beautiful

Wishing you lovely spring weather!

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Wow!! Another great idea from the very talented Kathleen!
The cake looks perfect for an Easter dinner!

mamasmercantile said...

What a lovely idea. Inspirational.

Debra said...

I think I've got to try that cake! And oh I love your towel sets! Beautiful work!!!

Marianne said...

Such a joyous and happy idea, Kathleen! They are so cheerful and spring-like. The cake looks scrumptious!

Blessings,
Marianne

Bits of Stitching! said...

They turned out beautiful! Your choice of colors really pop!